TAMUK variety?

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I use ceramic tiles and ice bottles. But it's a long day and nothings cold when I get home.
I wondered if they lost cold tolerance by improving their heat tolerance. When I worked ten mins from home at lunch I could check. Now I'm 40 min away ,worry when it's really hot.
Thanks to all for the input.

HornyToadAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score

I use ceramic tiles and ice bottles. But it's a long day and nothings cold when I get home.
I wondered if they lost cold tolerance by improving their heat tolerance. When I worked ten mins from home at lunch I could check. Now I'm 40 min away ,worry when it's really hot.
Thanks to all for the input.
Their fur is short and, I think, less dense than many other breeds. Their ears are large and upright to radiant heat out. So yeah, I would imagine they would be slightly less cold tolerant than some other breeds. However, they are still rabbits and rabbits tolerate cold fairly well. It's kind of like me saying that my leghorns, which are quite trim in body, do well in the Texas heat but so far they have also made it through the winter as well as the other chickens. Not much anecdotal evidence because it is hard enough to get hold of TAMUKs in the southern region. My experience in the last 4-5 months is demand higher than supply and travel is mostly required to get breeding stock.

Attachments

• name tags.jpg
    name tags.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 107
  • babies with bells.jpg
    babies with bells.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 118