Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Entry way before and after.
All closed in.
20171201_195546.jpg
20171201_233140.jpg

Now open.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, We a
Why the big rush to rip the kitchen apart? It looked to be pretty serviceable. I think I would have started with framing out the bedrooms or something.

In any case, it is just a WEE bit bigger than the trailer isn't it! ;)
Are taking the paneling off the wall and behind all of it is mold, along with electric needs redone.

Yeah, it is a heck of a lot bigger.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
kitchen... Which I love but dad wants to take it down but he promised me a beautiful irish/western style kitchen.
Hmmm . . . Irish/Western kitchen. Kinda sounds like an oxymoron! :lol: J This I gotta see!!! I love anything Irish. I can't wait to see how he adds Western to Irish style.

Got this big boy last week, now going to butcher the mean one.
We have a 4 year old Broad Breasted Bronze turkey hen. She has given us about 25-30 eggs every Spring. Up until this past Summer, she has been a sweetheart.

Per usual, she went broody, only she stayed broody for almost 3 months. She didn't eat a lot when she was sitting on the nest, and she lost weight.

When we started feeding her again, she got food obsessed, and crabby!!! At first she attacked DH. I would chase her off with a stick. Lately, she has started coming after me! We were already leaning toward sending her to freezer camp. But, when she started coming after me, that sealed the deal! We as going to be butchering birds in the next week. And she will definitely be one of those birds!!!

I would like to put a couple turkeys in the freezer next Fall. So I'm thinking we will buy some poults next summer.

Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
My my that is a whole lot of work going on there and it will be really nice when it is all said and done too. I know your dad sure appreciates the help with the work and it will help things to go at a quicker rate. The animals are looking well and they really enjoy your company. Are you and your sis gonna be able to paint your own room?

Reactions: TAH

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's amazing how well you can turn a mess into a pretty place. You guys are doing a ton of work but it will be worth it no doubt.

Reactions: TAH

Latest posts