Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is beautiful! DD1 says "kinda reminds me of Creme Brûlée". CB for short I guess.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well this is what happens when dad takes the little girls to get feed.

She is so cute! I'm trying to convince them to name her Aron.
WIN_20180721_16_14_55_Pro.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Planned or is Dad a sucker for "PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEE!!!!!"?

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
cute bunny, youall going to raise meat rabbits or is it just a pet? joseph is a good name for your buckling. don't know why but he looks like a joseph to me. your new goats are so nice. I love alpines, they are my first love in the goat world. not sure how I came to have a pasture full of lamanchas.

RustyBucketFarmGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Our farm name is Tasty Acres Homestead .

I live in Oregon with Sevan siblings and 7 goats, 1 dog and 2 cats on two acres. We are moving to Alaska soon to help with family. We are going to be the first dairy in Seward Alaska. We hope to have 2 yaks, 1donkey, 5 dogs, 2 cats, 5 sheep and I don't know how many goats:hide. We are taking 4 goats with us to AK instead of 16. Next year we plan on having 5-6 Kiko goats from lookout point ranch.

Leader is 2 years purebred oberhasli buck
Naomi is 3 years old and is Nubian Lamancha Nigerian mix sadly she will not be coming with us AK
Stella and Sophie are both half sisters and are purebred Alpine both are going to have to find a new home if they come back negative for CAE CL
Tasty is 2 years old he was going to be dinner but plans changed instead he is our mascot for our farm and he will be coming with us
Cinnamon and sugar are both registered and will be come with us

Boaz is a 2 blue heeler black lab pit mix, he helps out with minimal herding and helps keep everyone in line. He is coming with us as well.
We may take our to best hunters mouse and Nasky. Nasky means socks in Russian. It will take about $400 dollars to take them with us

We are going to be doing all this on 1-2 acres. We should be moving later this summer. I will post pics .
Wow what an adventure!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally at 3:00am I have found time to update you all... Sad, happy, news.

I like starting off with the sad news first...

We lost grandpa 8/23/18. Painful isn't even a word to describe how I feel... I lost a best friend, as most you know how much my grandpa meant to me!!!!! He has jumped back so many times but this last time it just didn't, and when he asked to be taken off Everything I knew it was going to be the end... He passed at 9:30 that night.

I'm just shocked... It will take me a while to recover from this, which is fine... I need my time, I guess.

Since last night my body just took the pain/shock about as hard as my heart did, my head hurts, I hurt, everything just hurts... I haven't wanted to eat or drink much and it is just the way I guess I handle things. Sadly.

Now, that is out I don't you all to think everything around here is sad.

Rose kidded, 1doeling in which is named Bella. I'm in love with her, nothing like snuggling with her after a long day (BB, so sleeps inside).

Stella is due to kid September 18th... Thinking twins/trips.

I'm really happy with how well Roses udder is... Beautiful foreudder, teats, attachment, etc... and she gave 7.6lbs today. Only a week in a half into freshening... FF.

I was doing really good headache wise... I was for a while only having 2-3 bad headaches/migraines a week... And most days I only had small to no headaches at all... But the news on grandpa has left me tattered.

We named my buckling "Jacob"... @goatgurl I so liked Joseph, but it just wasn't quite the right name. I love my boys... Always have had a special place in my heart for the bucks... :love
I am very excited to see what he does his first year... Hoping to get a doe to retain back from drift... Love her in almost everyway.

I will finish in the morning as my hands are falling asleep.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugs:hugs Oh my dear girl!! I wish I could hold you as you cry on my shoulder! It hasn’t been that long and everyone grieves differently. Don’t be so hard on yourself. I hate that your headaches have been triggered by this loss but please try to do things that you enjoy. Spending time with your beloved goats and dogs will help relieve some of the stress in this situation.

Jacob is a good name! I hope he does well for you too! Can’t wait to see how Stella does. We have one due the first week of Oct.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. It will be tough for a while, but hopefully you'll grow past it soon and remember the good that you shared with him. Try to get some relaxing time in so you can get those headaches back under control.

Latest posts