Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know it is difficult to grasp at this point, but your grandpa has taught ya a whole bunch that will come in handy during your life as ya move on down the path and make your way....I never knew or even met either of mine, so I don't have those memories.....count yourself lucky and fortunate that ya did.....:hugs.....glad for the new animals that they have such a good caretaker as you....hope the emotions don't set ya back too much on the headaches....I know they are difficult to endure, but you are strong enough to persevere thru them...:frow

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh, i'm so sorry for the loss of your grandpa. just remember something important, he will be with you always. in your thoughts, in your memories and most importantly in your heart. I hate that the stress of this has brought your headaches back with a vengeance but you're a strong young woman and will work your way thru this too. this:hugs.
Jacob is a good strong name for your new buck, I like it. congrats on the new kids. and as always miss molly looks beautiful. how are the chickens doing?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your words of comfort... I really appreciated it!

I got to spend today looking at pictures of grampa and other family members and really just had a good time... I was really able to process a lot of my emotions and thoughts that have been floating around my head.

Will try to share More tomorrow.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have had an amazing last 2weeks... It has been 68-75 degrees everyday these past 2weeks:weee... Absolutely amazing weather for our town... Usually September is really raining and we get lots of flooding.:eek:

So along with these beautiful days we've been having we have been working really hard on replacing some of the sheets of metal on the barn that leaked, picking up trash off the property, moving broken cars out of the drive way (when it snows we will need a place to plow it out of the way), getting the chicks pen finished for winter, mucked all the pens (boy, did they really need it), and bunches of other things.:)

Along with working hard we have been fishing a bunch... Dad and my ds3/db1 got to go and get 80pounds of Lincod, Halibut and Yellow eye... And so far 8salmon. Freezer is not quite stocked, I still want at least 15more salmon, along with hopefully getting a couple flounder.

As far as the goats go I've made some decisions to slim my herd of the ones that aren't right and am looking at 2does that may be joining our herd in the next couple months.

Maybell, my first goat here in AK... I love her but she isn't doing well in our herd sadly. She doesn't have a friend, does not like it when people leave, so I'm now on the search for a new home for her with only a couple other goats and an easy going herd.

Tabby, her baby is just not what we need so time for her to find her own herd/family.

Stella is due to kid any day... Udder is filling, ligament are softening, etc... Can't wait...:weee:weee

Rose if you all remember kidded a single doeling! Well, Bella is staying! I get to keep my girl. 1week before grandpa passed she is my little light in the ruff time... I was really happy to have her during this time and I just can't let her go... Nor can anyone else in the family. :celebrate:lovePlus I need one floppy eared goat in ma herd. ;)

Drift on a 12hour fill-

20180912_224304.jpg
20180912_224257.jpg

Sugar on a 12hour fill

20180912_223555.jpg
20180912_223545.jpg

Rose on a 12hour fill

20180912_224925.jpg

All my girls eating happily on a alfalfa pellet/brome pellet mix. :)

20180912_231025.jpg

Oh, and it looks like we will be getting a pygmy mix wether for a buddy for Jake.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y'all sure have been Busy!!.....glad to hear things are moving right along and ya had some decent weather to do most of it in.....your does are looking really good and it is a sure sign of your maturity to see those that don't fit and making plans to better the herd by replacing them...hope things continue to improve as ya prepare for the weather and lessening daylight.....:)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
sometimes you have to cull for the good of your herd. I know that those decisions are never easy but your maturity shows in your willingness to do so. glad you get to keep miss floppy ears. glad the chickens are doing well. are these a meat breed or layers? which ever the butchering is going to be a job. I am really wishing I could get some of your fresh fish. yum. how are the headaches doing?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very quick little update...

Flooding like everywhere... The road we live on is a 2-3mile road and at the beginning of it is a bride with a water fall coming down right above it... So anyway with all the rain waterfall is really bad. And there is huge possibility that it could wash out the bridge.

Not to mention the road is being washed out by the ocean.

Many roads are washed out all over the town, drive ways/yards are flooding badly... Our house is well out of flood zone... But many others are.

Goats are doing well... Still waiting on stella. I was told she was due in September sometime but turns out she is actually due in October any day... She is close...