Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our farm name is Tasty Acres Homestead .

I live in Oregon with Sevan siblings and 7 goats, 1 dog and 2 cats on two acres. We are moving to Alaska soon to help with family. We are going to be the first dairy in Seward Alaska. We hope to have 2 yaks, 1donkey, 5 dogs, 2 cats, 5 sheep and I don't know how many goats:hide. We are taking 4 goats with us to AK instead of 16. Next year we plan on having 5-6 Kiko goats from lookout point ranch.

Leader is 2 years purebred oberhasli buck
Naomi is 3 years old and is Nubian Lamancha Nigerian mix sadly she will not be coming with us AK
Stella and Sophie are both half sisters and are purebred Alpine both are going to have to find a new home if they come back negative for CAE CL
Tasty is 2 years old he was going to be dinner but plans changed instead he is our mascot for our farm and he will be coming with us
Cinnamon and sugar are both registered and will be come with us

Boaz is a 2 blue heeler black lab pit mix, he helps out with minimal herding and helps keep everyone in line. He is coming with us as well.
We may take our to best hunters mouse and Nasky. Nasky means socks in Russian. It will take about $400 dollars to take them with us

We are going to be doing all this on 1-2 acres. We should be moving later this summer. I will post pics .

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess I misread one of your posts about moving...I thought you were going to Arkansas, not Alaska. May be a lot harder to find an LGD in Alaska but a great Pyr would sure love the weather up there.

Why can't you goats get into Canada?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
1 reason is we want to bring up new stock.
2 reason is lookout point ranch has some of the finest stock around.
But we are taking our oberhasli a d Nubian and our registered Alpine. I have not looked at Canada for kikos or LGDS I will have to look cause that is way better than having them shipped to AK from Oregon. Thank you @babsbag

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sound really fun!!

(And REALLY REALLY COLD):D =D

Are yaks kind of like cows?
I know they're different species but are they similar?

Anyway, have fun and god bless.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sound really fun!!

(And REALLY REALLY COLD):D =D

Are yaks kind of like cows?
I know they're different species but are they similar?

Anyway, have fun and god bless.
Thank you. Yes yaks are a lot like cows, we are going to get Tibetans they are around 500-600 pounds full-grown so on the smaller side. They milk about a gallon a day but that also depends on the lines. In Seward it is not has cold has the other parts of AK. The last three winters up there have been very mild so I hope it stays that way.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are getting Stella on of our alpine does tested. Please pray that she comes back negative.