Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
As hard as it seems, you still have alot to be thankful for.... number one is that your mom is home and recovering well. 2nd, you have maybe found and will be able to get the house that will suit what you all want to do. And you know there are others, sometimes it is hard to see it from the more difficult things that tend to hide the good things.
I hope that you were all able to enjoy having your Thanksgiving with your own immediate family and could find things for all to be thankful for. I am sure thankful that my "episode" with my eyes seems to have turned out to be simply a pinched nerve at the time, and that my son's fall and subsequent broken femur/hip is healing. It could have been a broken back or neck or worse.
Much as I get aggravated, and grumble sometimes, there are still so many things that I look around and can be thankful for.
It is great that with all this stress, you haven't had any headaches. I think that is a GREAT achievement!!!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am glad that your Mom is ok now. You have lost many beloved family members, that can be hard to deal with. Thanksgiving is more than eating turkey and all the trimmings, it is a day to reflect and thank God for our many Blessings. Sounds like you have a good handle on that.

Really sorry about your goat, at least you have his daughter. The house and 10 acres sound good, I'll be praying for you and your family that it becomes yours.

Good to hear from you!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a really good time at nanas. And was really able to to just calm down and enjoy the day. Which I definitely needed.

After coming home from nanas I found one of my notebooks in which I had written in about papa, grandpa Billy, and adopted grandpa. It was a sweet reminder about them! I am grateful I found it that night!

Jumped back into school today and got almost done when little sister needed someone to watch cricket while she cleaned her cage. So I finished up with a buddy.
WIN_20191202_14_33_27_Pro.jpg
WIN_20191202_14_36_03_Pro.jpg
WIN_20191202_14_33_56_Pro.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi @TAH, I hope you and your family had a good Christmas. How is the housing situation?

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi @TAH, I hope you and your family had a good Christmas. How is the housing situation?
Hi, we did have a good Christmas, Today my aunt and cousin are coming over so that will be fun.

Housing is still up in the air but we are getting in contact with a real estate agent next week. So progress!