Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, i am home alone with a couple kids and there watching a movie so yeah, I think I may just have time now. :)

So has you all know I got 2goats! But I haven't said much about them. :hide So anyway, I will tell you all about them. :)

Mama is now named Mayabell and kid Tabitha.... But Tabitha is quickly getting her name shortened to "Tabby".

Mayabell is on her second freshening and giving a gallon a day sometimes makes it to a gallon an a quart... Her attachment is really good, nice easy teats to hand milk (Thank God), but yet to see her on a 12 hot fill as she has her kid on her.

Mom is tested and in a couple weeks we will be sending a test. (Saw the test results and waiting for them to send me a copy).

Also chicks are ordered and arriving in 3-weeks... So mucking the barn, setting up the brooder, and repairing the windows on the barn so no more draft. :weee

The garden is being prepared to be planted... But we still have to wait for all the snow in the area to melt so we can till. Oh, and ordered plastic to redo the greenhouse. (I will try to get mom to let me have the list of seeds she ordered. :fl)

The bathroom is almost done... Painted today and doing the floor tomorrow... Will get pics once dried. And the paint colors are light blue gray and the ceiling is greenish blue. (I don't like it :hide but mom and dad do so I don't have much say, Lol).

Grandpas heart stopped last Wednesday but they got it beating again... Even tho he is recovering it seems he may not be around a whole lot longer so we are visiting as much as possible and just being there for him... I get tto go see him this next week. :fl

Dad is a goof ball! Now that summer is here he is a nut cracker and a brat, Lol.... Reached 47 the other day and of course the thing I wanted was to be dumped with a bucket ad water... But he did just that. :smack:lol:

Yesterday my siblings were tired of working and no fun so me and mom planned a fun dday.... So we went to the beach and ran around a ton, found hundreds of crabs, start fish, octopus, fish, sea lions, birds, otters, etc.... Eagles! So much fun ended with going to the candy store and getting some treats!

My phone is on 5% so going to post before it dies. :)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, so it isn't REALLY summer there, not if you are waiting for snow to melt so you can start working on the garden. I feel better now. Congrats on all the progress! Don't look up in the bathroom and maybe you can tolerate the paint color on the wall.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, so it isn't REALLY summer there, not if you are waiting for snow to melt so you can start working on the garden. I feel better now. Congrats on all the progress! Don't look up in the bathroom and maybe you can tolerate the paint color on the wall.
No, it is not but 47 is hot enough to run on the beach bare foot. :cool:

Lol, yeah, the wall color isn't to bad. Ceiling :confused:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
***Picture Overload***

Attachments

• WIN_20180419_15_32_24_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180419_15_32_24_Pro.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 88
  • WIN_20180419_15_31_54_Panorama.jpg
    WIN_20180419_15_31_54_Panorama.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 92
  • WIN_20180419_15_32_33_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180419_15_32_33_Pro.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 84
  • WIN_20180419_15_32_43_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180419_15_32_43_Pro.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 94

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love all of the pictures!! Seems like you are excited about spring and enjoying life. Hope the headaches aren’t giving you too much trouble.

Reactions: TAH