Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a thing called a Hairagami that you can use to make a neat bun in your hair. It is kinda like a snap bracelet. We heard about it from the mother of 2 of the girls on DD1s Theatre On Ice team back 15+ years. Hair pins of any sort are a BIG no-no on the ice. We call it the "bun-o-matic".

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today marks 2-years since I joined! :weeeMost amazing group of people I could have ever had! :love

Alright on to what has been going on, animal, house, health, everything update. :)

So I know I told you all I was going to be going to a Doctor... Well, I have since found some answers to my questions. :celebrateDr.G was able to pin point exactly where my headaches are... Which part of it is my eyes and the other is from head injury which tore my scalp from my head.

But I can now start on the right track. YAY!

Sadly we have had some nasty weather thru Anchorage and here so I will have to wait to have my eyes checked till spring or so.

I was really scared about finding a doctor that would actually care but Dr.G is absolutely amazing... Very understanding to my needs and wants, always asks what I think about something, etc. :bow

Now as far as the house we have made lots f progress on the Bathrooms. Which I really need to get pictures of... Let me know it a video would be better???

We are working on getting the basement cleaned and walls painted so we can move in. :wootAlso getting all the insulation pulled and redone on the left wall. :)

Okay, good news on what is happening with animals and farming...

AK didn't pass anything on goats and sheep so we are free to get some anytime! :weee
We are getting ready to plant a huge crop of different greens for the garden, still deciding what plants to plant but so far we are going to be using the whole 1/4acre space. :celebrate Can't wait till we can start reaping what we plant.

@CntryBoy777 I know you asked about goats and chickens....

We are holding off till April to order any so I have time to prepare and finish working in the barn. But instead of just Doms we are also ordering 50 RR's or FR's for meat.

As far as goats I'm waiting till fall when everyone starts getting ready for breeding and pairng down on there yearlings.

We've decided not to even bother with bring up kikos instead I want a smaller milk goat so Dad said I could get a couple Mini/Lamanchas and see how we like them. We have enough land to let them stay out on pasture all summer so smaller is better.

And My dad is awesome... He knows how much I like training my animals so he told me when everything is finished I could get 2wethers to keep as pets... I'm thrilled. I already have names "tasty" and "Acres". :D

Fall 2019 we will start fencing for cattle, We are thinking only 3 milkers and then 1 bull for part of each year. But thats a year or more away.

Oh, and Pigs are a big possibility... We have friends that own a restaurant and want us to raise pigs for them. But were still talking with them about it. ;)

I'm going to try to run over after dinner and get pictures of the House. But no promises. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad things are working out there for ya and that ya have some answers on the headaches. I know ya can't wait for the animals, but being prepared and having a game plan is sure worth the wait and makes it a much more enjoyable situation. The pig situation sounds promising and hope it works out for ya. Getting the house ready and then moving in will surely be a Blessing for the whole family.....:)