Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is good to hear ya can get some relief from those headaches....:celebrate.....Happy belated Birthday, too!!....:clap
It sounds like things are really coming along and having a garden and some animals will make ya realize the amount of progress y'all have made there and will feel much more like home.....:)

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't think there's such a thing as being too excited... at least I hope not!! ;) I am so happy and pumped to hear about all the amazing things you are being blessed with right now!! GOD is good! Looking forward to pics! :)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, my eyes are nearly perfect!

Eye Dr says the pressure above my eyes is something else.

Im bit sad it is not my eyes but it was expected.

So now Dr.G is not going to be able to help anymore so I will need to find a new doctor sadly... He has been amazing but i will need to go to anchorage for testing and scans.

So praying I will be able to find a new Dr that will be as helpful and understanding of my needs.

It is late so I am going to try to get some sleep.

Hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed day!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
When I was about your age I started having migraines. I had my eyes checked, and like you, they were (actually better than) perfect. 10/20 in one and 15/20 in the other. They were determined to not be the cause. I never found out what caused them to start or eventually end. As I got older, the migraines simply stopped happening. Thankfully... I hope you can get some answers addressing cause, but as you probably already realize, sometimes there simply aren't answers to be had. It's difficult (impossible IMHO) for anyone who has not experienced one to fully understand just how debilitating they are.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is a shame there isn't better news about the headaches....however, it never seems there are many easy solutions to existing problems we face in this life....sometimes it takes time for advances for there to be even an understanding of the problem before a solution can be developed. Hopefully it won't the answers ya seek will come to ya sooner rather than later, but don't be discouraged if the answers seem elusive. My Mom used to tell me growing up....if ya are a child of The Father, then He will not put on ya more than ya can bear.....and He never promised to calm every storm, but His promise is to have His way in the storm and see ya thru to the other side of it. Stay strong and focused on His purpose and will.....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, my eyes are nearly perfect!
Rats! Yeah I know it is weird to be bummed your eyes are fine.

It's difficult (impossible IMHO) for anyone who has not experienced one to fully understand just how debilitating they are.
SO TRUE! The "invisible" conditions are the worst. Most are sympathetic to an obvious physical problem, less so when it is "all in your head".

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was about your age I started having migraines. I had my eyes checked, and like you, they were (actually better than) perfect. 10/20 in one and 15/20 in the other. They were determined to not be the cause. I never found out what caused them to start or eventually end. As I got older, the migraines simply stopped happening. Thankfully... I hope you can get some answers addressing cause, but as you probably already realize, sometimes there simply aren't answers to be had. It's difficult (impossible IMHO) for anyone who has not experienced one to fully understand just how debilitating they are.
It is extremely hard to convince my parents something was even wrong... So when it wasn't my eyes last night I just said so I'm going to the doctor's now! And I think it dawned on my mom how much I am beat down and in pain.

But my dad was like well lets see if there is anything else "we" can do. Nope I won't try anything else!

And because the problem has already been lead back to a head injury I am pretty sure unless I can have a doctor see how bad the injury actually is i won't be able to take anything from here.

Yeah, that's a thought that scares me but I will be willing to accept that fact if I know for sure!

And like the other day I went 7hours without a headache but then got a migraine later that day... But anyway when I didn't have a headache I was so happy and my family noticed and dad mentioned how rare it was that I was that happy. So he is starting to see but just doesn't quite get it.

I'm glad they stopped for you but were they ever able to tell why after?

Latest posts