Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
How about just hanging sheets up to make the rooms? Seems like actual walls would be a big expense in both time and money.
That is what dads plan is but What i meant was by walls was having the frames done. :)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I don't want to be writing this but I got news from mom grandpa is not doing well.... He has been laying in bed for 4- days and only getting up if nececcary... I don't think we have much time left with him. :hit

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just found out some not so good news from doctors on Grandpa keiths condition.... His heart is super week, Not sure how much longer he has.... I tried visiting him a couple days ago but he was sleeping and had for 2-days. :hit

Grandpa billy is doing better... Thankfully mom and uncle were able to get him up and out of bed. :weeeMay he keep it up for a bit! :fl

Ended up butchering most of the chickens.... They are sick as it gets... The ones i am keeping are fine tho. 15 out of 54 chickens were saved! :(

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
How many grandpas do you have?? I thought you had already lost one this year.

Sorry about the chickens, what illness did they have?

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
How many grandpas do you have?? I thought you had already lost one this year.

Sorry about the chickens, what illness did they have?

Papa was my dads, dad.... Grandpa billy is my moms dad.... Grandpa keith is not actually related to us but He is a grandpa now.... Just adopted! :)

I'm really not sure.... I've never dealt with chickens this sick so We are culling pretty much all.

I'm thinking just they were to weak to go into the winter...????