Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think you need to find out what is wrong with the chickens. If they have some sort of communicable disease, especially one that lives on the ground even when there are no chickens present, you might be right back into it when you get more.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I
I think you need to find out what is wrong with the chickens. If they have some sort of communicable disease, especially one that lives on the ground even when there are no chickens present, you might be right back into it when you get more.
I am not able to do that at this time, but I am pretty sure it Wasn't anything extreme.... I was quick to eliminate any that showed signs of anything.

We decided to go ahead and butcher all but 15.

Dad wanted to send in a biopsy but it wasn't going to work.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cut my hair.... I was starting to get worked up on trying to keep my 20-in curls untangled and nice... Too much I would go days with just putting it in a messing bun, but with that much weight on my head, it was making my headaches worse so I had sis cut it.

Now up in a bun with no issue! :)

And I haven't had any really bad headaches for over a week... It has been years since I haven't felt so much less pain.

I feel free! :weee:weee:weee:weee:weee
WIN_20171130_19_15_29_Pro.jpg

On a sad note- Grandpa billy had a stroke. He is worse but doing okay. :hit

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Billy....sure hope the lasting effects from the stroke aren't servere for him and he can recover from it well. Your hair looks just fine and a new look can be good from time to time....it has to be more comortable in hoods and caps also....sure glad it has helped with the headaches, too. Hopefully a fresh start with the chickens will turn out much better for ya. Our prayers are with your family and all the grief ya'll have had to bear in such a short period of time.

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I cut my hair.... I was starting to get worked up on trying to keep my 20-in curls untangled and nice... Too much I would go days with just putting it in a messing bun, but with that much weight on my head, it was making my headaches worse so I had sis cut it.

Now up in a bun with no issue! :)

And I haven't had any really bad headaches for over a week... It has been years since I haven't felt so much less pain.

I feel free! :weee:weee:weee:weee:weee
View attachment 40770
On a sad note- Grandpa billy had a stroke. He is worse but doing okay. :hit
Your hair is beautiful, and I totally get that free feeling!!! ;) I have really long thick hair too! Sorry to hear about your grandpa!! Praying for you!!:hugs

Reactions: TAH

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the new hair cut! Glad that the headaches have lessened for you.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Billy....sure hope the lasting effects from the stroke aren't servere for him and he can recover from it well. Your hair looks just fine and a new look can be good from time to time....it has to be more comortable in hoods and caps also....sure glad it has helped with the headaches, too. Hopefully a fresh start with the chickens will turn out much better for ya. Our prayers are with your family and all the grief ya'll have had to bear in such a short period of time.
He is confused but nothing extreme, Thanks be to god!

But Got news from doctors today Adopted Grandpas' heart is stronger... I guess he just needed rest... I'm hopeful he will make it thru winter, summers are always good for him... He was finding his ice fishing gear, oh boy, Am I talking with him. lol.

Thank you, Fred.

Yeah, except I hate hats... Oh, wait I forgot it is 17-degrees outside... I'll wear a hat.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your hair is beautiful, and I totally get that free feeling!!! ;) I have really long thick hair too! Sorry to hear about your grandpa!! Praying for you!!:hugs
Thank you!

And thanks. :hugs