Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
» Tasty Acres Homestead«

Pick up a log (25pounds) spin around in my usual way and next thing I knew I was on the ground. All man I messed up my shoulder and my arm.... Stupid.... But didn't stop me from working all day...

Went to go help family clear out uncles house (the one we are going to be in) and had a somewhat emotional day.

Omg, is there so much stuff! We filled a whole dumpster and made 6 runs to the dump! And there is still enough stuff to fill a whole other dumpster.

Tomorrow we are going to pull up All the carpet and clean up the barn. Oh, and I gotta take care of those chickens.... That is probably what I will spend a couple hours doing.

From just looking I know the floors need replaced, roof, need to drywall, repaint, and fix the sewor.

Only 7 more days till we move. :weee

We getting ready to start talking to "lookout point ranch" about shipping kikos a whole year from now in the fall.... I can't wait!

We have started planning where fencing is going to go.... And we are going to fence off a 3acre pasture, two 1 acre pastures and 1 2acre pasture... Along with lots of paddocks. Also the animals will only be out on pasture 5-6montgs out of the year.​

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Best get on that roof and sewer ASAP!

And start with fencing the entire perimeter that will eventually be pastures and paddocks. You can partition within that later.

Reactions: TAH

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just searched for Lookout Point Ranch and if that is the one in Oregon that you are dealing with, they have some good looking stock.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Logs don't always make good Dance partners....;)...glad ya wasn't really hurt bad. It sounds good that the move is still on tract and the slate is full for the year ahead.....:)
Haha.... Your right. Dad always says if you can't spin with it or run then don't have me pick it up. :lol: carried a 5gallon bucket full of water... Oh, well, by the time I reached the watering troughs I had spilled the bucket half way from running. :oops:

Yep.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Best get on that roof and sewer ASAP!

And start with fencing the entire perimeter that will eventually be pastures and paddocks. You can partition within that later.
Yeah, only person my aunt trust to do the sewer is on a hunting trip till next week but he comes next week sometime to fix it. And the roof is going to be patched where it is leaking till spring when we can tear the whole thing off and fix it.

Yeah, right now with fencing not everything is set in place...

Yeah, the whole property will eventually be fenced all the way... Don't need dogs running town. Did I mention almost everyone let's there dogs run free and mess with people animals.... Well, the end of that is over when I pull the 22 on them. I guess there are a couple of chickens that have become dog toys and the dogs were not dealt with so they do it again and.... Bam.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just searched for Lookout Point Ranch and if that is the one in Oregon that you are dealing with, they have some good looking stock.
Yeah, they do.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought one big reason you didn't bring your prior goats was the expense of transporting them. Have you found an economical transporter?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought one big reason you didn't bring your prior goats was the expense of transporting them. Have you found an economical transporter?
From talking to Lookout Point Ranch they will fly them as kids and they take care of all the paperwork and we just have to pay a fee.

Also we didn't have the money to spend on goats that weren't going to be able to pay for themselves... Now, the Kiko will pay for themselves.