Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
my guess is its the voice of experience.
Yep. It isn't impossible to do but you darn well better have a super insulated wall and floor. Anyone who lives in a cold climate knows that a closed cabinet on an outside wall gets darn cold inside. Better to put the cookstove on the outside wall so it is easy to vent and put the sink on an island or inside wall.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Believe me you don't have to be in a "cold climate" to have pipe freezing problems on an outside wall. We have had 12* and 13* the past 2 nights. The water drainpipes are frozen in the bathroom, as well as the hot water lines unless you let it really run; and the kitchen sink pipes freeze anytime it gets below 20. I am living in a 250 yr old stone house that the landlord doesn't want to spend a penny on. I put straw bales all around the foundation on the "cold corner" ; but it still doesn't always work. Especially if there is any kind of wind. I lived in a 100 + yr old farmhouse in CT and the sink was on an inside wall and had next to no problems. It is nice to look out the window when washing dishes, but having water that runs in the cold temps is much preferable.
I like the 2nd picture of the kitchen also; but I love natural wood....

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grandpa Billy doesn't have much longer.

I'm sad, but it is a time he goes. He has his family supporting him, it is just up to him now to go when he feels ready. We will love and miss him greatly.

I will update as I get news on what is going on.

But I'll leave you all with this adorable face!
20171206_151053.jpg
20171206_151111.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You sure the dog is comfortable enough on that sofa?? ;)

Sorry to hear about Grandpa Billy :( It is never easy whether expected or not.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
You sure the dog is comfortable enough on that sofa?? ;)

Sorry to hear about Grandpa Billy :( It is never easy whether expected or not.
Yeah, I don't usually let her on but She was so darn cute so... I let her. :D:hide

Thank You, Bruce! Never!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate to hear about your Grandpa Billy, I know it will be difficult for you and your family, but age and health are not kind to any of us at a certain point.....:( :hugs
I've heard it said many times that it must be nice to have a dog's life.....especially, if ya was the owner....:)

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all!

GrandpaB ended up totally surprising us after not eating for 5-days he started eating and drinking water... So now he is just relaxing and getting to spend time with his GK's. :)

I'm very thankful for the extra time we have with him.

And not to mention he hasn't lost his mean strike, lol.

But I am working on another post with pictures of how far we've come with the house. :D The bathroom is going to be done next week, hopefully.

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Glad to hear Grandpa Billy is doing better and keeping all you grandkids under control. Can't wait to see the pics of the bathroom and just loving the pics of Alaska.

Reactions: TAH