Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all so much... I can't say how many times I have come back and Read all the comments!

I have gotten past the ruff and things are starting to look up... It is hard to try to keep a positive good outlook when in the thick of it. The rest of the family is doing well... Getting thru everything together makes it so much better than just by myself! So grateful for them. I was able to come to a good number with the goats and am keeping 5 of our favs. 3 does my buck and his buddy.

After moving to the cabin we are still right across from the house so we are going to find a place to rent were we will be moving. We have moved 5times in 3years. :th really can't wait to find a place to call home!

Me and boaz... Such a sweet pup. Molly didn't want to be on the seat in the car... She is pretty scared so she likes to hide under the seat. :( still working on overcoming that fear... Getting better just not there yet. :)
WIN_20191010_15_05_26_Pro (2).jpg

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! I hope you all have a blessed day!

I'm sorry I didn't give a update like I said I would... That night I had to get some school work done and then it was chaos from there. The next day mom had to be rushed into the hospital and flown to Anchorage for surgery, mom and dad had to stay two days so of course the kids were all having a hard time so not much sleep. We only slept maybe 6 hours in two days... Me and older sis. Mom is recovering well from the surgery and things are sorta back into a routine.

If mom had waited an extra day she could have died which has been hard on me. Just knowing it could have been worse has hit me a bit hard. It has brought up lots of pain I have healed from. The holiday season is hard on me, we always had it with relatives and those we loved this year nearly all those people are gone, especially now that my uncle and aunts have caused a lot of pain and are not involved with much of anything.

The first year here papa got hurt the night of thanks giving (which him fall was the down fall in his health), 2017 without papa, uncle Steve, my aunt, 2018 without Adopted Grandpa, Grandpa Billy, and now 2019 without Adopted Grandma. And to top it all off day before yesterday I got a message from the lady we board our goats with she had to put down Jake due to him having a punchered rumen, I will miss that goat more then ever! What hurts worse is i haven't gotten to see them for almost two months. He was definitely my favorite goat out of the herd.

So all around I am just kinda feeling down.

But there are still good things happening... We have found a house with 10acres that we love and are hopefully going to start the process in end of December. The house is small (1000sqf) and needs some work but it is in the exact area we want to live and the property is perfect for us and our animals. There is also a creek on back side of property. So praying everything goes as planned! If we do get this place some reno is coming, it needs new flooring throughout, new paint, we will redo the kitchen, and add a lot of storage.

My health is doing good, haven't even had a migraine for 3weeks so that is good.

We are going to nana's and two of my cousins will be there so that will be fun and I am going to enjoy the rest of today!

Got to get started in pies... I got pie duty?!?! Which I have never really made pie so we will see how this goes... I will post pictures once done.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pictures of the day I brought Jake home! Man I already miss him like crazy!

And so thankful I retained his daughter... She even looks like him. Last picture is of her.
20180715_180930.jpg
T
20180715_180201.jpg
71152770_436607096982316_3673807221319270400_n.jpg