Tell me about your farm workhorses...ATVs, 4 wheelers, tractors, side by sides, etc.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a Yanmar yt359c tractor, freaking love it. All the good stuff without the brand name/paint color price tag!
If you're not used to regular/old fashioned tractors & prefer a more car-like tractor, this is the one for you. I was paranoid about how I'd learn to drive it, but it's been a breeze.

The Farming Carpenter

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have a Kubota UTV I bought last year on a payment plan through Kubota. Its a 4 seater and I use it every day. I can't say enough good things about it. The only thing is, I have to empty the bed to check the oil. but its a hard working go through anything type of machine. I had a Turf JD Gator for years until my daughter (12) put it into a telephone pole. She was fine, but the gator, which was just a oversized golf cart was not. I gave to a friend for his wife to use around their farm. it's not made to race or take up north to the mountain trails, but I use it everyday to make the rounds here on my small Farm.

WannaBeHillBilly

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
In would love to have a walk-behind tractor from BCS [ https://www.bcsamerica.com/ ] with some attachments. My plot of land is so steep that any ride-on thingy would just topple and roll, but those tractors have their center of gravity so low, that they can be used where you can't even walk, they just drag you behind… 😉
Unfortunately these one-axle tractors are very uncommon in the USA so you rarely find a used one…

Animalsoverpeople

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
42FDC52A-DBF3-446B-84EA-F79A3AD338A1.jpeg
This is my first and only tractor I’ve had. 1955 f650. It was redone by the previous owner. I couldn’t resist. It came with everything-but 4x4. Hard to get this thing stuck anywhere but I am selling it and getting a side by side/utv after that. Some of my land is hilly and wet. Beautiful tractor but it will get more use from the new owner. Any opinions on UTV’s? Looking at a mule but mainly 4x4 and dump bed.

WannaBeHillBilly

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
View attachment 91057
This is my first and only tractor I’ve had. 1955 f650. It was redone by the previous owner. I couldn’t resist. It came with everything-but 4x4. Hard to get this thing stuck anywhere but I am selling it and getting a side by side/utv after that. Some of my land is hilly and wet. Beautiful tractor but it will get more use from the new owner. Any opinions on UTV’s? Looking at a mule but mainly 4x4 and dump bed.
Who needs 4x4 with a tractor? - Wow, she's a beauty and i would love to buy it, these vintage machines have no crazy electronics that disable the whole thing just when you need it the most… they - just - run. But as said, here i cannot use anything that requires me to sit on. 🙂

Animalsoverpeople

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It’s a wonderful piece. It gets used for wagon rides for the kids more then work though. I love old stuff. The only thing about new stuff I like more are the parking breaks haha 😂. But just like my old truck it just sits in gear.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Animalsoverpeople i have a 2008 diesel Kawasaki mule. 2 seats, 4WD and dump bed. I love it for chores around the farm. It costs more than a gas engine to have it worked on, but I have a 500 gallon diesel tank and I don’t have to tote gas cans. Between farms at this time, but closing on 25 acres next week and I expect to get a lot of use out of my mule.