Tell me about your farm workhorses...ATVs, 4 wheelers, tractors, side by sides, etc.

rbruno

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I only have old school tractors on our small farm. 1948 Farmall Cub for plowing the garden. 1941 Ford 9N for mowing, 1952 Ford 8N discing and mowing. Don't get me wrong, I would to have a newer diesel 4WD front loader tractor. Just haven't found one in my budget yet. And I can work on and fix the old tractors.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I only have old school tractors on our small farm. 1948 Farmall Cub for plowing the garden. 1941 Ford 9N for mowing, 1952 Ford 8N discing and mowing. Don't get me wrong, I would to have a newer diesel 4WD front loader tractor. Just haven't found one in my budget yet. And I can work on and fix the old tractors.
You have 3 tractors!!!! You are rich!!!! :love I've always wanted one of those little Farmall Cubs....seems to me the size I could manage. My Dad had a 1948 Case tractor with the tricycle wheels and he had to park it on a hill so he could roll it down to get it started. It used to be an old state road tractor. It was easy to work on and keep running, because my dad was NO mechanic...not even by a long shot. It had a tin can on the exhaust pipe. :D =D

He mostly used it for brush hogging and/or pulling logs out.

rbruno

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You have 3 tractors!!!! You are rich!!!! :love I've always wanted one of those little Farmall Cubs....seems to me the size I could manage. My Dad had a 1948 Case tractor with the tricycle wheels and he had to park it on a hill so he could roll it down to get it started. It used to be an old state road tractor. It was easy to work on and keep running, because my dad was NO mechanic...not even by a long shot. It had a tin can on the exhaust pipe. :D =D

He mostly used it for brush hogging and/or pulling logs out.
Ha. Far from it. :) The 41 didn't run when I got it and the 52 was a hand-me-down from dad who bought it in the 80s. It was old then, but to think we have had it for close to 40 years is crazy and a testament to the old tractors and how they were built to last. I rebuilt the motor in my dad's tractor probably 20 years ago and it will last me forever. The Cub I got on a deal. Bought it cheap because the person that had it pulled it out of his neighbor's barn just to get rid of it. According to him, it hadn't run in years and they wanted it gone. Changed the oil, put some fresh gas in it and away we went.
Rob

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ha. Far from it. :) The 41 didn't run when I got it and the 52 was a hand-me-down from dad who bought it in the 80s. It was old then, but to think we have had it for close to 40 years is crazy and a testament to the old tractors and how they were built to last. I rebuilt the motor in my dad's tractor probably 20 years ago and it will last me forever. The Cub I got on a deal. Bought it cheap because the person that had it pulled it out of his neighbor's barn just to get rid of it. According to him, it hadn't run in years and they wanted it gone. Changed the oil, put some fresh gas in it and away we went.
Rob
Wow!!!! Now that was a deal! I love things like that. I've gotten quite a few things on the cheap that folks thought no longer worked and they were wrong....just needed something simple.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The Cub I got on a deal. Bought it cheap because the person that had it pulled it out of his neighbor's barn just to get rid of it. According to him, it hadn't run in years and they wanted it gone. Changed the oil, put some fresh gas in it and away we went.
That IS a heck of a deal. My 9n I bought when looking for a riding mower and it was cheaper than all the mowers with bush hog and scraper blade soooo that's what I got. It's done a lot of brush hogging. The other with the front end loader..... I'm still paying for, but it works.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Which do people think is better to get first a 4wheelers and pull behind wagon or a 2 seater w dump bed? There is a 4x price difference so I'm tempted to get the cheaper 4wheeler/wagon combo.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Which do people think is better to get first a 4wheelers and pull behind wagon or a 2 seater w dump bed? There is a 4x price difference so I'm tempted to get the cheaper 4wheeler/wagon combo.
That's what I'd do 4wheeler/wagon. Mostly for the price difference. They also make a nice little rack that goes on the back of a 4-wheeler for $120-$160 that will hold a lot. I want one and have been told it just to carry a bunch of stuff you don't need.

Also the trailer (although it can be pulled by both and your truck) will haul much more than the side by side bed.

That one is $100 and can hold many milk crates or 1 and a chainsaw and the kids.

Latest posts