Teresa and Mike Lambing Thread Winter 2019 Part2

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been posting most of our happenings in our journal but I'm thinking since reading some posts by my good friend @Baymule (whom we have never met but know so well) that they should be outside the journal. Our journal was started because we had so much going and that at the time was the only way to keep things together. That has changed now so we will be doing unrelated farm posts on a different thread.

We are still probably a week or so away from lambing but we are positioning our senior ewes so they are safe and don't have to worry about their lambs when they come.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll post pictures later but we were off on our lambing calendar. When I opened the curtains to look out at the sheep this morning I can see a ewe off by herself with twin lambs at her side. I'm pretty sure it's our #122 ewe who has been the perfect ewe since the day we brought her home.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had the ewe misidentified - The ewe is one of 4 left that were from our originals and was one of the two really wild ones. She isn't now and never will be tame but she will follow along and doesn't get upset when we handle her twin RAM lambs. We will get weights later for our records but they are close to 8 pounds each like last time when she had a ewe lamb and a ram lamb.

We don't mind rams at this time since this batch of 8 ewes are timed to lamb for the market and we would just as soon have all rams for this batch which means probably not. :)
15 Jan 2019 TN33 ram lamb1.jpg
15 Jan 2019 TN33 ram lamb2.jpg

Latest posts