Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got a pretty good rain today and no high winds in spite of the forecast. We still have 8 ewes to lamb and it has been over two weeks since the last one. There are three ewes that are huge so I'm keeping an eye on them. The new ram hasn't had a lot of work moving around paddocks so I have been moving a pvc trough around to different places and calling him and it is working out well.

On a completely different note, Teresa finally told me she can't figure out my taste for my pre-bedtime snack that I have been doing for years. I like a couple of table spoons of cottage cheese, a little liquid from a jar of Maraschino Cherries, a couple of cherries and finally a garlic stuffed olive. It gives me that good sweet and sour taste before brushing my teeth for bed. :)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Several Fairs around the country are no longer having livestock shows
Who needs livestock shows at a county fair when they have big music shows, somewhat suspect midway rides and a ****ton of food that is bad for you?

:(

Might as well go to Six Flags or something.

It gives me that good sweet and sour taste before brushing my teeth for bed. :)
Doesn't brushing defeat the purpose of the flavor you seek?

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We need to do some major moving in the next couple of days dependent on weather. We want to bring in the oldest ram lambs to check weights and pull some fecals. One of these is too young to figure out whether we want to register him or not but so far I'm not thinking he is good enough. We have several ram lambs that we need to pull in the next couple of weeks but not quite ready yet so we will move the adults in probably Tuesday to start the sort.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Always work to be done. Been trying to figure out where and how to get up my working gates and cow panel and hog panel chutes set up. Feet need trimmed, need to build some sort of wood stanchion that I can bolt and unbolt for use. Don’t want to leave it out in the weather to rot and feed termites. So I can’t use deck screws and make it one big heavy chunk. I gotta think on this. I got time, can’t do nuthin’ now anyway. Driving me nuts!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were hoping to be finished with lambing by now but we are still waiting on 8 more ewes. I'm posting some pictures of our cool season garden beds. I had a couple more pictures of the lettuce bed but no idea where I put them. :)

Attachments

• Garden 31 Oct 2022.jpg
    Garden 31 Oct 2022.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Garden2 31 Oct 2022.jpg
    Garden2 31 Oct 2022.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 44

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are going to bring the main herd in to start checking them out and we have a few lambs that need their shots.

One of the Oops ram lambs is turning out really nice. I love his calm personality plus he is showing some good signs of growing out very well. We were planning on taking him to the sale but decided to go ahead and list him as a commercial ram and see how that goes for him.

Attachments

• Ooops ram lamb 4 Nov 2022.jpg
    Ooops ram lamb 4 Nov 2022.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts