Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Similar here...23 outside now @7 am. Probably will have a little ice to break today. And will use these hot tubs during the frigid Christmas weekend as days will be in 20-30s also, after low teen nights. So, heavy freeze.
Oh man - SOOOO glad I don't have to deal with ice here. What a pain, and the thought of frozen pipes eeeek.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anything you have to do to keep pipes from freezing at your new place?
Yeah, I drew up water, and turned water off. With 3 girls, this is gonna be interesting. Got buckets of water in the bathtub for flushing toilet and a pitcher of water and a bowl for washing hands. They are lost.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I drew up water, and turned water off. With 3 girls, this is gonna be interesting. Got buckets of water in the bathtub for flushing toilet and a pitcher of water and a bowl for washing hands. They are lost.

It was just the two of us but we had drinking water from Walmart and everything else used buckets. We had a horse trough that we put outside in a tent that was our bathtub. :) Every once in awhile the neighbors used our driveway to walk to other family and we would have a quick conversation while they walked by.

I am officially over the flu bug except for a little bit of chest congestion left over. We both got it but it did a better job of kicking my butt. I rarely go to a doctor but did for this thing. I guess there was some good that came out of it since I got rid of over 20 pounds that needed to go anyway. I also never had a bug that lasted this long. It was with me for almost a month and hit several other neighbors for just as long.

It got up to 57 today and this was the first time I didn't have to go out and break ice for several weeks.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m glad you are finally feeling better, that flu really got a hold on you. Then having to go outside and bust ice on water for animals sure didn’t help any. It doesn’t matter how you feel, they must be cared for. I know you are happy to see the freeze go away, at least for awhile. We may still get freezing weather, still have January and February to go. But if so, at least you won’t be sick!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad that you are finally feeling better. Seems like the "bugs" this fall/winter are kicking people's butts. I am thankful that the 2 I have had had been 48 hour type things... and still having this sinus drip is driving me nuts... plus a sore throat again today but I attribute part of it to the sinus crap. Oh well, I just keep doing what needs to be done just like every farmer I know. Hope Teresa is feeling better too.

So glad that the cold has retreated for a bit. We got up to 49 today and was mostly sunny. Weather should be decent for at least a week with nights above freezing by this weekend. That will be nice. Sure we will get cold again, just hope that we don't do much of the ZERO stuff like we did.

Are you expecting lambs soon?

Latest posts