Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We still had a fair bit of prime rib left so I made a big pot of Beef and Barley soup that really turned out good. I usually just do a basic soup that turns out well but I had a recipe that called for things I would not have thought of for a soup but it turned out really good.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the weather we are having right now and it looks like we have at least another week or more of it. other than a couple of days freezing for short times it has been mild enough that our cool season grass is making the sheep ignore the round bales and they spend most of their time grazing.

The back of our house faces north and never (literally never) gets any Sun so we have to apply Wet and Forget at least once a year to get rid of the mold. I sprayed that stuff on around noon today and the mold is already about half gone. It's probably all killed since all of the green is gone.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wet and forget? What is it and where do you get it?

You can buy it just about any hardware store and it looks like even Walmart carries it. It's a mold and mildew treatment that you literally spray it on and then do nothing else. What I sprayed today was just about gone 4 hours later and it lasts for months. Like I said earlier, I usually only treat once a year for the house and the retaining wall on the hill by the house has to be done a couple of times a year.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The temps are hitting all of the record highs. I was wearing thermal pants a few days ago and shorts this morning. When I went down to feed Oshi and Wendy, Oshie wasn't sure if he should run from me or ram me since he wasn't sure who I was. That happened with Cooper a time or two but they all recognize the voice.

It is supposed to be in the low 50's starting tomorrow, which is more in line with the normal temps. The grass is trying to come out of dormancy but I'm sure we will have at least one more cold snap.