Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the little town we live in but is you need anything other than groceries, you are heading toward Nashville. We headed out right after feeding this morning and picked up some rugs we had ordered at one store in the mall and then went to COSTCO. Before we headed for home we stopped at a Greek restaurant that we both like and had lunch.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the little town we live in but is you need anything other than groceries, you are heading toward Nashville. We headed out right after feeding this morning and picked up some rugs we had ordered at one store in the mall and then went to COSTCO. Before we headed for home we stopped at a Greek restaurant that we both like and had lunch.
Pretty much the same here - we’ve got a little Mexican bakery, a small grocery store and 2 feed stores (local and TSC). For a real grocery store or anything else we have to “go down the hill/grade”. Oh wait - that housing development has a McD’s 🤢🙄🫥

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We will pull all of the sheep in this week to sort out the eight keeper lambs and the wether Pete so we can let Oshi in to start the breeding season. I briefly thought about leaving Pete with the herd but I have a feeling that Oshi would kill him so we will put him with the lambs. Pete is probably the most valuable sheep that we have as he trains all of the young ones.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We haven't done much in the way of sight-seeing since we retired so we decided to go to Columbia and see the President Polk home and museum. We didn't realize it was Mule Day in Columbia and the museum is literally in the middle of the parade area. Mule Day is a big deal in this part of Tennessee and the town was packed with no parking spots to be found so we decided to come on another day. We did stop at a Mongolian BBQ place that we haven't been to in a long time so decided to get some lunch to bring home.

When we lived South Carolina, we used to play tourist just about every weekend. There were so many historical places in SC that you could literally go for years and not see the same place twice. The exception was Fort Sumter and Patriots Point which had the USS Yorktown, and a couple of other Naval vessels and a museum. Those two places were the most requested when we asked visitors what would they like to see.

Latest posts