Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is there any way to get the gators removed?

We don't live there any longer but I always liked that picture. They only remove them if they become a nuisance plus it would be a waste of time in that location fairly close to a river that is full of them. That whole part of the state was swamp at one time.

This picture isn't very good since it was copied from a news site but this house was around the corner from our place. Check out the front door bell area.

a1_36126376_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
a1_36126376_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't live there any longer but I always liked that picture. They only remove them if they become a nuisance plus it would be a waste of time in that location fairly close to a river that is full of them. That whole part of the state was swamp at one time.

This picture isn't very good since it was copied from a news site but this house was around the corner from our place. Check out the front door bell area.

View attachment 50118View attachment 50118

Ive seen that picture! Its also been on several tv shows saying the gator was ringing the doorbell. :barnie I would mess my pants if I opened the door and saw that on my porch! :eek:Also why I will never live i Florida! :epVery scary. :hide

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are sneaky critters. I was standing on the bank of one of the bigger ponds fishing and I noticed some air bubbles hitting the surface about 3' off the shore. Being pretty sure it was a gator I slowly started to get up to back away and when I did, my shoe slipped in some mud and I lost my balance. The sudden move on my part startled the gator a couple feet away and it did a back flip and headed to deeper water. This one was probably close to 8' long.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa came out and took a bunch of pictures while I was doing my feeding 'chores'. It's hard to call that chores in all seriousness.

I'm posting a couple of pictures showing a couple of the ewe lambs all between 4 & 5 months old. The old girl I'm petting is one of the older gals that has a home here as long as she is healthy and living happy.

21 four mos old.JPG
24 four mos.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG
M Notag & 5.JPG
Mike & 5_2.jpg