Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is turning out to be a "Let the OCD Loose" day. I've had Jay over and we took care of quite a few things that were piling up. We got the electric netting moved and set up for the breeders and their lambs. We finished up the latest Cattle Panel shelter and moved the creep feeder up for the lambs. We moved a lot of the remaining old plastic trash items in the dry pond so we can get the neighbors dozer over to finish filling that in. Those plastic things seem to somehow surface years later. Got the round bales moved and built and hung another mineral feeder on the gate by the driveway.

Teresa hired a young lady she occasionally works with to do a deep house cleaning with her. Finally we are going to try and dig up a bunch of black berry plants to give to Jay's Mamaw

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
A quick update on our hoof issues. All of the ewes that we trimmed last week are doing well and two of the three that were major issues are also not limping around anymore. The spotted ewe and her lambs were put in our dog training pen for the last several days so we could work on her. She stays off from the rest of the flock so she doesn't mind or so it seems. This pen is high and dry and she likes getting all of the feed that I put our for her and her lambs without having to work at it. We have treated and worked her hooves another two times and packed her hoof so it is firm now and she has very little limp. The Nuflor really did good with her. We will give her another couple of days in there to make sure but her progress is great.

I won't be on after tomorrow morning for a couple of days so I hope everyone has wonderful weather and few problems.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa has been known to post here when she wants. :)

I have had to baby Ringo the last few days. For the first time since we had him he has been stand offish but he was also part of the group that had hooves done last week. He hasn't needed any work in two years but this constant rain has changed that. His hooves still weren't bad but he holds a grudge when he feels he has been abused. We gave him a Nuflor shot so that probably didn't help his attitude but the first day after the handling, he wouldn't come in the shelter for the morning feeding. I took it to him so I guess that was like room service. After that he was fine and has been coming in like always so he must have forgiven me and will come for an Animal Cracker. :)