Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just like people who don't know that food at the grocery store isn't in its original state. No, shelves to NOT grow vegetables! I bet the lambs figure it out soon enough. Tell them it is "tough love" and that making them get their own hurts you more than it hurts them. ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha, that's funny. Poor little lambies, have to rustle up their own grass...… :lol:

I've been turning out our lambs in the yard for several weeks, why mow? I go outside and they run to me. Dit-Dot has an endearing habit of running between my legs and looking up at me like I'm going to drop treats for her. Brat.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got the rest of the sheep's hooves trimmed but it still took 2 1/2 hours because we had to bring them all in to sort and get those that still needed to be done.

Teresa was helping a friend at their kennel so we had our new helper helping me. He's a big farm boy that picked up most of them to put them in the trimming chair.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have officially decided I have had enough labor for one week and need to rest out of soreness. My repaired shoulder got pulled when I was wrestling Wild Thang into the chair but it's still better now than it was before I got it "fixed". The sun just beat us up and for the first time in months we had no wind but it still felt good to get it done. The contractor is scheduled to start our new working area cover Wednesday so we had to get the sheep done so we can break down our handling chutes. I won't hold my breath that they will get started then since this is Tennessee which is not known for meeting deadlines.

We will move them one paddock over tomorrow and then get the cows moved the next day to give that paddock a break. I'm hoping our ram Max remembers how much the hot wire hurt and doesn't try to break out this time.