Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really didn't mean to write a book but that move is what made the rest of my life very enjoyable compared to what it could and probably would have been.

Mike, thank you so much for sharing that story. It is such things that help us understand one another. And thanks to Bruce for encouraging more of the story.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was moving the sheep this afternoon, I took the camera with me to see if I could get a few pictures of them. A couple are getting pulled down by their lambs but overall I'm pleased with how most are maintaining or even improving condition. I mentioned earlier that we are going to pull all of the lambs that are still nursing and move the dams to some fresh pasture.

The first picture is just to show a part of the ledge rock goes in a circle around this paddock. It starts at just about by the shop and runs in a semi circle for almos 500'. There is plenty of soil above and below the ledge but you can tell that the ledge was used as a deer trail for who knows how long before we cleared it out.

The second picture is the bottle lambs and 5 who is the most affectionate sheep I have ever seen and we have a bunch that are right behind her.

The 4th pic is Percy who is intact, registerable and down right attractive. He still has Ringo's attitude and personality and if his growth continues as it is, he will be destined for sale as a ram.

The last picture is Wild Thang who has finally decided that being handled does not lead to sudden death.
11 June 2019 5 by the ledge.JPG
11 June 2019 5_63_64.JPG
11 June 2019 Notag for scratches.JPG
11 June 2019 Percy.JPG
11 June 2019 Taffy.JPG
11 June 2019 Wild Thang.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a nice big shade tree in the paddock that I put the sheep in this morning but they prefer to crowd into a hoop house shade closer to the house. I don't know if the picture will show it well or not but there must be a dozen sheep or more crammed into that space. I had to take the picture from the house because if I went out they would come running.

12 June 2019 crowded shade canopy.JPG

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
She didn't say a word but went to the phone and called my uncle who owned a pool hall and package store on the Missouri/Arkansas state line. They had talked to Mom about my possibly going to live with them
"Booze, pool halls and beer joints made me what I am today" isn't something many people can very often say in a positive light .