Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
All six of the lambs sold well and were all graded prime. Ironically, the roan ram lamb that tried to die on us a couple of months ago brought the highest price per pound since he was in that ideal weight range. Lambs in the 90 plus pound range didn't bring diddly so the two that I had planned on taking in will go in the freezer instead so we will have the meat rather than giving them away.

Goats were bringing prices much better than the last time we went and it seemed that most of the animals were healthy and well fed. There was very few low grades and the majority were choice or prime.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have several things that we were taking to the Methodist Church in the tiny town of Diana for a sale this weekend. I hauled an Infrared grill in our Polaris Ranger that has had very little use and no use since I bought our pellet grill but the church said they would put it to use. I've had the Ranger for a year and a half and today was the first time it got up to 40 MPH because I could see a storm off in the distance.

The town of Diana population grows by several hundred people this time of year because of a gospel celebration they have going on there. There is a bunch of RV hookups and it's quite busy for a short time. The gospel singing is called "Diana Singing" and can be found on the net if you'r interested in some ol' time gospel.

According some people that have lived here their whole life, Diana was a bit of a Red Light district 50 years ago and had several bars. It now has none and even though it is only 3 blocks wide, it has 3 churches. :)

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
And how many "red light" houses ;)

That one I have no idea but since there is only about a dozen houses there now, there shouldn't have been many.

I just spent 3 hours cutting the neighbors grass so due to the heat, I'm done until watering time later this afternoon.

We discovered a business to NOT get into. Teresa was calling around trying to find a place that does custom picture frames and found that everyone listed in all of the little towns around us had gone out of business. She finally found a Hobby Lobby in Columbia that does frames.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will you mow my grass too? ;)
I'm glad Teresa found a place to get the frames. I have to get most everything in Columbia or Spring Hill...not many other 'cities' around to get all the things you need out here.
Did you guys get any rain?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We loaded 4 lambs Tuesday evening to take to slaughter. At 4:30 I walked outside, it was like crawling into an oven, I was worried about loading the lambs and the trailer being hot. 30 minutes later we got a pop up shower that cooled everything off. Only maybe 1/8 of an inch, but a welcome relief from the heat. We loaded the lambs, and left out at 6:30 the next morning to take them in while it was cool.