Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our friend that we are buying a boat from is taking it out tomorrow and he has a marine mechanic going out with him to make sure everything is the way it's supposed to be.

These temps in the mid 80's have been a real pleasure but they are saying 97 again tomorrow. We are 2nd in the record books for the most days in the 90's and only 4 days from being #1. I would just as soon not break those kind of records.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our friend that we are buying a boat from is taking it out tomorrow and he has a marine mechanic going out with him to make sure everything is the way it's supposed to be.

These temps in the mid 80's have been a real pleasure but they are saying 97 again tomorrow. We are 2nd in the record books for the most days in the 90's and only 4 days from being #1. I would just as soon not break those kind of records.

Kinda reminds ya of Florida ....and why you left :cool: ???

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made stuffed chicken breast with crispy oven baked okra with fresh tomato and lime rice. This is Teresa's plate as I don't eat rice. I think even Bruce might like okra this way. I made a breading out of Zatarains, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and whipped eggs to put the okra in before the breading. We have a Word file just on okra but so far, this is our favorite.
Stuffed chicken breast and okra.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I forgot to put in about the Panco Bread Crumbs earlier. I used equal parts of parmesan cheese, panco bread crumbs and Zatarains plus a little salt and pepper in a zip lock bag. The recipe called for corn meal but I always substitute with the seasoned meal. We had enough okra to do a single layer on a 14" pan sprayed with Pam and two whipped eggs was plenty for the dip. Baked at 425 for about 20 minutes and turn once half way through. They got a nice brown crispy edge.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We brought the 5 ewe lambs in to pull fecal samples and give a drench of garlic and vitamins. We will be taking two of the ewe lambs to the sale in two weeks so we want to make sure they are still clean after they had their brush with Barbe Pole worms. We spent 15 minutes getting dry fecal matter out of Taffy's tail from when she had scours.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I posted a picture of some of these guys last year or the year before. The white projections are the larvae of the Braconid Wasp. Larvae that hatch from the wasp's eggs, which are laid on the hornworm, feed on the inside of the hornworm until the wasp is ready to pupate. These “host” hornworms should be left in the garden in order to conserve the beneficial parasites. We have found several horn worms in the last couple of weeks but this is the first with the parasites on board. :)

Horn worm with Braconid wasp eggs.jpg