Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Like most of us we keep a lot of scrap lumber around as it gets used at some point. We are going to be having a German Shepherd puppy for a few weeks for family in South Carolina and we needed a temporary dog shelter. Teresa and Jay through this quick shelter together in about 20 minutes while I was out hauling water.

It isn't pretty but it will serve the purpose and they didn't even have to make a single cut.
Temp dog house2.JPG

Attachments

• Temp dog house.JPG
    Temp dog house.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 47

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like Teresa's building skills!

Maisy needed a dog buddy. A lone dog is a lonely dog. Sure, she had the sheep and you and Teresa. You have 2 other dogs, but they weren't her buddies. Now Maisy has a new best friend, she just couldn't let you know right away how happy she secretly was.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is doing better and accepts the fact that Mel needs attention also. I haven't seen a growl for a couple of days now and they go on patrol fairly regularly. Mel is enjoying the stimulation with the large number of sheep out with the main herd. They all seem to trust him which is all I want to see. :) I have to feed them separately since Maisy figured out early how to get Mel's feed even though she was already full. Mel doesn't like confrontation and will walk away from the feed bowl which Barb told me about. That isn't going to happen and is easy to fix. Maisy likes to eat inside the shop and I sit in the doorway while Mel eats. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dog dynamics. Paris eats in her beloved back yard. Trip and Carson come to the house and stare intently at BJ, who prepares their food. Sometimes he lets them in to eat, sometimes they eat on the porch. They both get along. Sentry is eating in his doghouse (so he will see it as a good place) in the slaughter lamb pen. Carson and Trip are very interested in the pan of food I take to Sentry, and would probably tag team him to take it for themselves. LOL