Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mike, was wondering if you could give me an opinion on a couple of April ewe lambs I've found for sale. I like the looks of them and the price is good...they are Kat/Dorper cross.

This one in the forefront....

1572625052442.png

And this one in the forefront/middle....she's not quite as nicely balanced as the other but of the four offered for sale, these are the best two, IMO. These derived from a flock that was being developed by/with WVU for parasite resistance.

1572625116219.png

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed I like the confirmation in both of those and I would guess that they will mature even better.

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing but it's always nice to have another eye on them. The second one is smaller with a little more gut on her in proportion to the rest of her frame but it could just be an awkward angle...she has a good squared off body all the same and a sweet face to go along with. There are two others for sale in this group but they resemble the Dorper sheep too much for my liking.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got my truck back this afternoon and also got the replacement cabinet home from Lowe's. I'm not quite sure about the logic that the shop used but we had a major disconnect between their quoted price and the final price not to mention they didn't finish the job. Most of the AC had to be replaced and when they got most of the components in, they figured out that the expansion valve needs to be replaced also but didn't know how to get to it so they didn't replace it. We will have to find another shop to do that but since they already changed out all of the coolant, that will have to be done again also. Teresa took the shop's phone call on the way home so whatever she said to them resulted in being charged the original quoted price.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got my truck back this afternoon and also got the replacement cabinet home from Lowe's. I'm not quite sure about the logic that the shop used but we had a major disconnect between their quoted price and the final price not to mention they didn't finish the job. Most of the AC had to be replaced and when they got most of the components in, they figured out that the expansion valve needs to be replaced also but didn't know how to get to it so they didn't replace it. We will have to find another shop to do that but since they already changed out all of the coolant, that will have to be done again also. Teresa took the shop's phone call on the way home so whatever she said to them resulted in being charged the original quoted price.
Way to go Teresa :thumbsup

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do they know the expansion valve needs to be replaced if they can't even figure out how to get to it to test it??
I'm not having the most confidence possible in these people.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do they know the expansion valve needs to be replaced if they can't even figure out how to get to it to test it??
I'm not having the most confidence possible in these people.

Because it won't cycle and that is one of those things that either works or it doesn't. They say it is probably what caused it to bind up. You don't the valve, you test the valve at the compressor.