Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Charleston bound pup is adjusting to a family life vs a kennel life like he had for the first 3 months of his life. He gets plenty of house time and so far has not had any accidents in the house. We have a kennel cage set up on the porch to keep him out of the cold and the other two dogs seem to be OK with that. They still haven't figured out how to handle him in the house. Maisy and Mel get house time by themselves since Sassy is a fear biter. The pup is already 54 pounds so he is going to be a big boy.

@B&B Happy goats, It looks like Mel has accepted our place as home. I let him out with Maisy and he stays wherever Maisy and I are.

GSD.JPG
GSD4.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa made some chili for lunch in the Instant Pot. We had that thing for over a year before we used it but now we use it a couple of times a week. We cut up some sirloin and browned it then put everything in the Instant Pot and cooked for 17 minutes. The chili tastes like it had cooked all day and the meat was fall apart tender.
Black bean and sirloin chili.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found an all new hurdle with the dogs this morning. I was combing some mats out of Maisy and Mel came up wanting some brushing also. Maisy showed all of the signs of being in full attack mode so I turned her around to put Mel behind me and that seemed to calm her down. She has evidently decided that when she is being groomed, she won't be interfered with. I kept brushing her to see what was pushing her buttons and saw that it was when Mel approached us. I combed Maisy a bit more and then walked away a few steps and then started brushing Mel.. She had no problem with that so evidently she just didn't want Mel to "steal" her brushes. :)

Latest posts