Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa went out shopping with a friend and since it looked like it was going to be an all day event, I elected to stay out of their way and stay home and cook a turkey. It will be done in about an hour and a half.
Turkey 24 Nov 2019.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had our 3 grand daughters for the weekend, took the two littles to the sheep barn this afternoon. I caught Aria and sat on a milk crate with her. When I hold the lambs like that, their legs dangle, I picked her hind feet up and put them in my lap, giving her a great way to spring into action and jump. She struggled a little, but settled right down. The girls, age 3 and 4, hugged her, petted her, chattered away and she was relaxed and calm. She is not flighty at all, I think in time she will be a big pet. The little girls sure loved her.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had our 3 grand daughters for the weekend, took the two littles to the sheep barn this afternoon. I caught Aria and sat on a milk crate with her. When I hold the lambs like that, their legs dangle, I picked her hind feet up and put them in my lap, giving her a great way to spring into action and jump. She struggled a little, but settled right down. The girls, age 3 and 4, hugged her, petted her, chattered away and she was relaxed and calm. She is not flighty at all, I think in time she will be a big pet. The little girls sure loved her.

They can be amazingly docile. We used to see ewes revert to the skittish state when they got out in the bigger fields but the last couple of seasons have the ewes being as tame 4 months later being as tame as they were when they were lambs on the creep feeders. Whenever I go out now all of the yearlings will come up for attention and of course their moms come too,