Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The thunder is pretty intense this morning. It's loud enough that it has Maisy unnerved and surprisingly the big boy that doesn't like loud noises isn't the least bit bothered by it. He was out in the rain staring at the house trying to figure out why the food service was running late. :)

Rainy day 12 Apr 2020.JPG
Rainy day2 12 Apr 2020.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trip woke me up at 5:20 scratching at the back door. He takes a swipe at that metal mobile home door with that big paw and the sound reverberates throughout the house. We had quite a thunderstorm with lots of lightening. We got 2 1/2” of rain. I went back to bed and slept till 9:00!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like we are going to get your weather late this afternoon and into tonight. They are saying good possibility of some flooding, heavy downpours, wind, thunder and even a small chance for tornado watch. Hopefully leaving on Monday. It has been somewhat sunny this morning, more clouds moving in with still some patches of sun, I am testing this afternoon. The farmer and his son are milking and like he said, we can't "do anything" with the lockdown so testing is fine with him. Works for me. No set up of meters, they have weigh jars, so just sampling and then computer work on his computer. Hope my ankle in the boot doesn't get too bad. Been mostly off it for the past few days after the overdoing last weekend.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made a run into town this morning but played it as safe as possible. We did an online order at Kroger last week and most of the items on our list was available for pickup today. There was a few things not available but they were wants and not needs. We had a spiral and a regular ham on the list and got neither of those. Romane lettuce was also not available.

We also went by the farm store for some okra seed and Bill (the owner) is only letting one person at a time in the payment area (it is a small area). The banks are open but only at the teller window as the lobbies are closed. The CO-OP is only taking call-in orders and bringing items to the parking lot for payment. Of course, feed has always been pickup there anyway. I noticed gas was down a few more cents at $1.12 a gallon at Kroger.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our DD made online orders before and is continuing to do so. She usually asks if we need anything and tacks it onto her order. We will have to make a Feed run in a couple of weeks. I think I’ll call first to check on protocol.

I'm not sure what the feed store is doing where we buy our bulk feed but we have enough to last till most of the lambs are gone. We were there a couple of weeks ago and the place was packed.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I emailed my cat, chicken and alpaca food order today, they called to get the CC info (wasn't putting that in an email). Picked it up an hour later.

The CO-OP also does that but in our case we can just have them put the goods on our account and pay at the end of the month.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our cat has a puncture wound on his back quarter that we are going to treat once the penicillin gets to room temp. Fortunately the puncture is really visible so we can flush that with penicillin and also give it an injection. We have a feral cat that has been hanging around for a couple of months and evidently the hormones are raging. We will keep her inside for the next day or two or until I can catch the feral critter in a trap. As many times as we mess with our critters, I really dread doing stuff to a cat that is determined that you aren't going to do it. We would take her in to the vet but would rather not go to town again and our vet told us how to treat the wound when we called and talked to him.

I really like country vets.