Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It must be a southern (but not southern California) thing :D

This thread has taught me, among other things, that Mike and co. cook better than I do.
You got that right!
OK, I guess that sounds bad since I have NO idea of your culinary skills so I'll change it to: SAME HERE!! Mike has posted some mighty tasty looking stuff.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It seems like handling sheep has been a low priority for the last couple of months but it seems that the PT is working and I'm more mobile now. I have been rotating the adult herd every 6 or 7 days and I'm happy that I think we can go well into winter without having to buy hay with our stockpiled grass. We are getting ready to separate Maxwell from the ewes so he can go to his new home and we will bring the new ram (Cooper) in with Pete (the wether). Cooper is hand tame and comes to a voice call so it's a good swap.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad the PT is helping. Mine does, even with the knees being so bad, I do get some positive out of it. Now doing the pool one day a week and reg PT the other day. I wish I had access to a pool close where I could get in a couple times a week. The lack of gravity really helps to move the joints.... yes it is tiring because you don't think you are doing that much.... but it helps just to move without the pain... so you move more/better.
Glad the ram swap is of benefit to both. Hope Cooper is another Ringo for you.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was going to spray herbicide on the fence lines this afternoon since there was no rain in the forecast but by the time I got everything ready to spray, I was ready to quit. I guess that was a good thing since while I was out changing out water it came a gully washer. The temps dropped about 10 degrees though and it's supposed to get down to 60 tonight.

While I was out checking on the girls my #32 ewe (three year old) came up as there were several others getting some rubbing on their backs. This ewe has never been skittish but she is one that never seemed to care if she got any attention or not up until today. Then she kept following me for me until I started to head out of the gate.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Amazing how they just have to do it "on their own time".... have a couple of cows that are the same. No real friendliness, then all of a sudden one day, they have to be right there to see if you have anything for them.
We got a downpour this afternoon also. 30-40 % chance yesterday and got a sprinkle....slight chance this afternoon as the front wash pushing through, and got a real quick soaking shower.
Glad you didn't get the spraying done and then have it all wasted. DS started cutting the sorghum at the main farm; and will get that finished and do the other 10 acre field tomorrow . Got a decent window between now and next Tuesday... it is still so thick and all, it will get wrapped for baleage.