Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cooper is a pretty boy! I like him! What a great trade for both of you.

He was a 4H ram lamb and has the attitude that goes with all of that handling. He has no fear of humans but he also has good manners for a ram. No aggression at all and came up when I was sitting on the door stoop and waited for crackers. He finally decided that Pete isn't female and they have gotten along ever since.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have to disagree with @Baymule not pretty, very masculine looking and good length to him. Looks to be a fertile male. Hope he does good for you and now you have a good way to do some crossing with Ringo's and Max' s daughters....

Matt (where he came from) has some great looking sheep but he showed us a herd of his daughters that he produced compared to another from the year before. His daughters are visibly longer bodied without exception.

The majority of our adult ewes (except 4) are Ringo's and the other 12 ewe lambs are Maxwell's so we are hoping for a couple of nice lamb crops.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Mexican Vultures have gotten brazen about hanging around the pastures so I took my shotgun along with the camera and hung out with the critters for awhile. On the way down I stopped by to see Cooper and the wether Pete to give a few treats. I let my kill permit lapse so all I can do at this point is make noise with the shotgun. Occasionally that's enough to make them go away but Teresa has already called about updating our permit. The ewe lambs are in with the pregnant ewes but those that will be lambing are due starting the middle of next month.

The ewe on the left in the second picture is Princess (who had been one of our bottle lambs). She finally quit going under the poly rope so hopefully she got broke of that and we will keep her around. She was one of the last put in with the ram so she won't lamb until sometime in December. The spotted face ewe lamb next to her is going to be one of the biggest sheep that we have. She weighed 137 several weeks ago and she still has several months before she reaches maturity.

I'm not sure how I got two pictures of the ram!

Sheep cooper 6 Oct 2020.JPG
Sheep Princess Ginger 6 Oct 2020.JPG
Sheep2 6 Oct 2020.JPG
Sheep3 6 Oct 2020.JPG

Sheep cooper 6 Oct 2020.JPG