Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
So nice to have docile friendly animals. Mine ignored the offered animal crackers. Thought they didn't know how delicious they were so stuck one in a ewe's mouth. She spit out the animal cracker and gave me a dirty look. LOL I need to find something else.

Another sheep breeder mentioned another type of treat but I can't remember who, or what it was. HELP?
I think there was a thread about the sheep treats? What about peanut butter cookies of some sort?

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mel has come into his own. He is the guardian he was born to be.
:flypig Joe would be so proud.

I'm just happy that I was looking out the window at that time or wouldn't have seen it. I started to call Teresa to come see it but they moved out of range and the light went out. Joe loved this boy and I wish there was some way to let his kids know how he is doing if they are interested.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Larsen PR - I think it was peanut butter cookies. I remembered that I have a jar of peanut butter filled pretzels and will go find them.

!!!!!!!

:mad: The person known as "No One" has obviously found them. The entire jar is missing!!! Obviously I will be questioning all family members sternly.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
After intense questioning, DS2 was identified as guilty by his grin as he denied eating them. Then he tried to blame his pregnant wife. Her laughter identified her as a co-conspirator.

Bad DS2! :duc Will have to get more. I will hide next jar in my closet. Pregnant women are notorious for stealing snacks. As is DS2.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm just happy that I was looking out the window at that time or wouldn't have seen it. I started to call Teresa to come see it but they moved out of range and the light went out. Joe loved this boy and I wish there was some way to let his kids know how he is doing if they are interested.
No doubt Joe was smiling down and proud! I still mis his posts.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have three ewes that aren't getting back onto condition so we sorted them out in the stalls and pulled fecals from them. Plus our girl Notag was limping so we cleaned some trash out of her hoof and then she was fine. It is nice to be able to walk up to them and have them stay in place. :) Two of them are from our original ewes and should have been culled two years ago but I liked them so we will fatten them up and take them to market since I finally admitted to Teresa that they weren't keepers. As expected by their condition they have a high parasite load so we will give them meds tomorrow. We are at the point now that we will do random samples every few days when they come in as long as they are on the dry lot.

The last two ewes are finally bagging up but if they don't lamb in the next few days (but I said that several days ago), I'll move the dogs out with the boys and put all of the ewes together so we can get back to a rotation.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only 2 more to go! I know it gives you a twinge to let go of two of your original ewes. They may have a parasite problem, but they are what you and Teresa started with. I have to face the music this year and cull half my flock. One will be one of my original ewes. I probably should cull a couple more but I just can't-yet.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only 2 more to go! I know it gives you a twinge to let go of two of your original ewes. They may have a parasite problem, but they are what you and Teresa started with. I have to face the music this year and cull half my flock. One will be one of my original ewes. I probably should cull a couple more but I just can't-yet.

Both of these are still here "just because". One of them was so wild that she jumped over Teresa's head to get away but since she missed anything vital, we just figured that an event. :) They don't carry a load well and are always single births so I give in to the economics.