Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cut the grass in the gate areas and along all of the fences both interior and perimeter. I have one section about 300' long that I must have skipped the last time I cut as it was really high. I thought I was going to get the bush hog out but the mower got it done. We are due for shots for the bred ewes so we will do that tomorrow along with checking them out then move them into one of the lambing paddocks.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa just reminded me she has a phone appointment with the Social Security office in the morning so we won't be getting started until that is done. They still aren't doing in-office visits so you make your initial call to set up an appointment to apply and they give you a date that they will call so you can do the application.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa just reminded me she has a phone appointment with the Social Security office in the morning so we won't be getting started until that is done. They still aren't doing in-office visits so you make your initial call to set up an appointment to apply and they give you a date that they will call so you can so the application.
That's so messed up. This is not the new normal. There is nothing normal about this. I'm happy for Teresa that she can now start drawing Social Security.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
BYH can suggest we take this to private message and I will just go away as I have decided I am tired of playing this game.
I hope you won’t go away. I really appreciate those of you who take the time to journal about your farms. I don’t watch much TV or movies, or follow celebrities. I read. And one of my favorite things to read is BYH. You guys are my celebrities!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you won’t go away. I really appreciate those of you who take the time to journal about your farms. I don’t watch much TV or movies, or follow celebrities. I read. And one of my favorite things to read is BYH. You guys are my celebrities!

I'm not going anywhere as long as things don't get more petty.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was out picking okra and took a couple of pictures just to take a couple of pictures. :) We could probably quit picking okra since I am pretty sure we have more than enough for all of the gumbo we could possibly eat but it puts on so fast this time of year that I can't help myself. It's probably not good practice but we have planted our okra in the same rocky bed for four years now and it provides us and a couple of neighbors so evidently okra likes the spot. That bed is shaded by an apple tree until mid morning and I probably pick a 5 gallon bucket full of rocks or more every year but it works. The first picture is what I picked this morning and we get that much or more about every three days and considering I only put in 15 plants I couldn't ask for more. All together we have eleven raised beds in this area and the other two pictures show the bell peppers with the asparagus behind it and the recently sprouted cucumber plants. We are only four or five weeks from our first frost date so we won't get much but should get some.

Attachments

• Garden1 9 Sep 2021.JPG
    Garden1 9 Sep 2021.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Garden2 9 Sep 2021.JPG
    Garden2 9 Sep 2021.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Garden3 9 Sep 2021.JPG
    Garden3 9 Sep 2021.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 56

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We finally got the sheep brought in and checked out, shots for the ewes that will be lambing starting next month and also gave them all some power punch and garlic. We did pull fecals on the two that needed worming the last time in. We ran them all over the weight scale and most of the young lambs are at breeding weight of 115-130 for the next breeding. One of the girls is smaller than we like for them to be but she is a triplet and last born so she still has some time to get there. All of our three year olds range from 145-193 and the one that is 193 looks to be carrying trips again.