Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another "Just Because" picture. I have referred to this cat as feral but I guess he was born tame even though he was born in the wild. The day we first saw the litter of kittens in our storm ditch, he started walking up to us to see what we were. He stopped short of coming all the way up but over the next couple of days, he would come up the hill all by himself to get some contact. It only took a couple of days for him to accept touch and then spent a lot of effort trying to trip me as I walked up or down the hill to where the kittens were prone to staying.

The three cats are outside critters but they will come into the porch for treats and pets and have absolutely zero fear of Sassy or Lance so there is no drama there.

Attachments

• Whiskey 31 Dec 2021.JPG
    Whiskey 31 Dec 2021.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 53

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I seem to be taking as many cat pictures as lambs but I am really enjoying interacting with these guys. Teresa had some rugs laying on the bench that is by our porch door and Whiskey and Tally decided that would be a good place to rest up for the storm that is on the way. They are so comfortable that when I let Sassy and Lance out to go potty, they both will come in the door for some leg rubbing. Of course, the dogs can't decide if they want to come back to the porch when the cats are just standing there as they want to come in. :)

Attachments

• Whiskey and Tally on the rugs 31 Dec 2021.JPG
    Whiskey and Tally on the rugs 31 Dec 2021.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 53

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We gave the three bottle lambs what was supposed to be their last bottle last night but we had to go to plan B. The ewe lamb Babs interacts very little with the other sheep and spends a lot of time in the lane going to the house waiting for her people. Babs comes in with the dogs when I go down to feed so we will give her a little bit of milk at that time to keep her from getting stressed. This is one of those cases where the milk doesn't matter but the contact does more.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Missy (C-section girl) still hasn't filled in her hair good enough to please me so I let her into the stall tonight where the heat lambs are but when I just looked out, she was laying by the fence close to the other sheep. I have been leaving her out at night but the low has been in the 50's for the last week or so and she rarely lay under the heat lamps even when it was colder. I guess that short hair insulates more than I thought.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess you need some sheep diapers so she can come in the house with the rest of the pets ;)
I had two bottle lambs last February born a week before we got Snowmeggdon and -6 degrees. They stayed in the house and I put baby diapers on them. Cut hole for tail and blue painters tape to keep the diapers from sliding off. They were so cute and we enjoyed them so much. We put them in a large dog crate and let them out to gallop around the house in the evening.

@Margali has Panda, the wether and he is still spoiled rotten. I kept Tiny the ewe, she is a big pet and loves to untie tennis shoes and unzip zippers.