Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tennessee Green Belt rates are still relatively low so it will go up to around $950 from $740 last year.
I would be SUPER happy with $950.

I think states across the country are jumping on the huge rise in prices to take advantage of the opportunity to raise taxes.
Around here when they do a citywide reappraisal the tax rate per $100 assessed value goes down as the property values go up. Tax income stays stable. They can always raise the property tax for other reasons but not due to reappraisal.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have some dry rot on one of the tires on our Polaris and it needed air every couple of days for a long time. That changed to every day about two weeks ago which changed to roughly 3 hours yesterday. Got to looking at it and the other three and decided it was time to replace all of them. Those things are expensive but the ones I bought are 8 ply instead of 4 ply that came with the thing.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ouch... but sometimes necessary. DS put tubes into a couple of tires that had dry rot to get more mileage out of the decent tread still on them. The trailer tires are SOOO expensive and they get sporadic use... weekly certain times of the year, maybe not used for a month or 2 at a stretch other times... and like the rakes, mower, balers, and farm equipment, might get use 4-6 months of the year and then nothing for the rest of the time.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
A quick update on the feral cats. Whiskey and Graceson stick around the house all of the time now. Whiskey is completely tame and Graceson is still a bit skittish but he loves to be petted. Tally disappeared as soon as we let her out of the carrier after we brought her home from the vet to get her fixed. We never saw her again but I kept putting out food down by my shop. The neighbor took a picture of a cat that decided to call their place home yesterday. They have five rescue dogs that they are working on getting them adjusted but it seems that Tally wants human companionship enough that she is sticking around.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a follow-up with the ortho doc. It looks like I'm at an in between point and he won't be doing any replacement parts which is OK with me since he was pretty positive about my shoulder. The joint is clean although a bit sloppy and he seems to think that my muscles are dense enough that I can get most of the range of motion back except for a couple of moves. He said my overhead press weight lifting days are over but I should keep working the shoulder like I have been doing. He offered PT but I'm already doing what they would have me do so I'll keep at that. He gave me a steroid shot in the joint and that made it feel better than it has in months. I guess the MRI showed the areas that I can't do since he moved my arm to those areas just to see my reaction I guess. :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mike CHS have you considered doing any stem cell injections? I had it done on the one knee and it definitely helped it for awhile. That is the knee that has not given me any real trouble since the replacements. They told me had I done it sooner that they believed I would have seen alot better results, but that I was pretty far past the "salvage" stage... yet it did help with the pain and mobility in the left knee for awhile. Many of the college ortho doctors are now doing it for the athletes that injure joints...
Just a suggestion.