Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of the 2 I am getting in Weatherford, one is a 3 year old ewe. I think I'll let her be Cooper's companion over the winter. If he hops right on it, it will be a January/February birth, not what I really want, but it will keep him happy while I recuperate. I have 5 young ewes that I am keeping, plus Miranda's triplet daughters, plus 1 more, that will become Cooper's girls. I'll get them recorded and gradually grade up to fully registered. Miranda will live on. :love

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is perilla mint?

It's an annual weed that is toxic. This only showed up last year from somewhere. The sheep leave it alone and we haven't had any problem with it since I rotate them while they still have plenty of graze left. The Extension Service in Kentucky reported quite a few cattle deaths that they attributed to the mint.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It even appears to be toxic to other vegetation. Where it has gained a foothold, there is no other growth of anything else. Of course that makes it easier to find and kill it and fortunately there isn't much of it. We have rain in the forecast but I got about 12 hours on the weeds so hopefully that was enough time. If they don't show signs of kill in 4 or 5 days, I'll spray 2-4-D again.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My parents always bought each other mother's/father's day gifts... or cards and a meal out... even into their retirement years... before my mom's alzheimer's got so bad. I still sent them something for those days as well as birthdays, anniversary and holidays... I still give DS a card and something for birthday, and holidays, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas.... he does the same for me except sometimes he is a few days late...but he will call or at least text and say he has something for me...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My parents had their own way of doing gifts. They would buy what they themselves wanted. Example: My Dad bought my Mom a real nice Garcia reel for his fishing rod, since Mom didn't go fishing, he had to suck it up, take one for the team, and use it himself. Example: Mom bought Dad a CB radio, since he already had one, she had to take it and have it put in her car.