Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's time to start with the pickles. We have been getting a couple of cucumbers a day since early last week but the rain we have had put the plants into overdrive. We picked this bunch just before a storm came up but I'm guessing there is as much still needing to be picked.

The other picture is not real common, but we have seen it a few times. This is three cucumbers attached to a single stem and joined together at their sides.

Attachments

• Cucumber trips.JPG
    Cucumber trips.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Cucumbers 1st pick 2 June 2022.JPG
    Cucumbers 1st pick 2 June 2022.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 45

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I brought the adult sheep into the paddock where our handling equipment is a few of days ago but we don't let them into the stall until we are ready to work them. The area outside of that is also under roof so when it is raining (which has been most of the last three days) it gets a heavy manure load which I was cleaning up this morning. Cooper hasn't figure out what the hands are doing sweeping motions so he stay glued to my side to make sure they landed on him as much as possible. I got about half of it done no thanks to Cooper and I think I'm going to change his name to Velcro.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hahaha! I have a guy here working on sons house, I’m outside painting boards and doing stuff I can do, that doesn’t get in his way. Ringo stood at the gate yelling at me to let him out. I took down the electro net because we need to use that area, so the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wanted to do some spraying along the driveway today but there was weather all around so put it off. Of course, if I had sprayed we would have gotten some much needed rain. There was a lot of thunder along with wind but no moisture. Maisy gets stressed out when there is thunder going on and she usually won't eat so she ignored her evening feed but took some petting and brushing. Mel only ate about half of his food but that isn't unusual for him when it's hot. I went back down just before dark and Maisy was calm enough to lay down by me and slowly eat her food. When she is stressed out like that I can usually take brush and gently brush her down and she seems to forget that she is stressed out. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
At least your brushing helps calm her down. NOTHING calms Trip in thunder except coming in the house and stretching out in the floor as close to me as he can get.
too bad you didn't get any rain.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had not planned on growing potatoes this year but we had several store bought potatoes that were sprouting so we planted them. We dug them this afternoon and they had put on a good harvest considering there wasn't very many that we planted.

We are getting enough squash that we have enough to put up a bit and also to share with friends. We should be getting tomatoes in another couple of weeks and we will be digging onions around the same time.

Attachments

• Potato harvest 10 June 2022.JPG
    Potato harvest 10 June 2022.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 42