Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cute pup! We are always getting after our Aussie not to eat goat poop :sick as she is a house dog too! Your place is looking nice- thanks for sharing pictures.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another picture just because they are so darn cute.

Obedience training is going surprisingly easy for the hard headed pup but since the Aussie takes every verbal command, the pup is mimicking her. We have been working on the lie down command when he is out trying to herd the Aussie and "Leave It" is working for the sheep berries. :)

Sassy & Lance Ball.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are back in Charleston for awhile and thought the pup might have issues going from complete freedom and 20 acres to a subdivision lot with no fence. We spend a lot of time with obedience training and we have had no adjustment problems. We gave the pup a few more sessions with the sheep and I'm more than pleased how well he did. This one loves to please and is a joy to train. I took some video but need to figure out how to post them.
Sassy & Lance Walking 9_27_2015.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were finally able to spend enough time on our place to finish up the porch add-on. I took this from an angle to show how much rock had to be moved to concrete the driveway to keep water away from the house. The opening in the center is where the electric meter is so we had to improvise with the porch. :)

There is a picture of the house and drive in the first part of this thread that shows how much excavation had to be done for the retaining wall. I had a ditch a little over 500' long that received all of the stone that came from this area.

New Porch and retaining wall 10_16_2015 Resized.jpg

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We haven't been able to spend much time in Tennessee since we finally got ready to pour concrete this afternoon if it doesn't rain again.

We had to have some gravel brought in to even out the slope that leads to the building. That is going to be an ongoing problem so we have to think about that one.

We were running up to a dog trial last weekend and saw a building about half this size going up as they were just setting the poles. When we passed by that afternoon we saw that they were just about to the point where we are now but all in one day. :(

gravel1.jpg