Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't forget the smallmouth, bronzebacks, not many fish fight harder than they do....have caught some on Percy Priest, but Center Hill and Dale Hollow are a bit better.....specs are sure good eating.....:drool.....just don't go on the Stones River....I sunk a boat one time on it.....we drifted to the bank and was gonna fish from the bank out to the middle and I touched a huge boulder and it slid of the ledge and landed in the front of the boat....:lol:......we got it back up, but motor went under and wouldn't start, so we had to paddle 2miles back to the ramp.....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a small fiber glass boat when I lived in Pensacola with a 28 HP Mariner motor on it. I got caught by one of those freak thunder storms that you can't see coming and the motor broke off the transom when I got dumped off of two high waves at the bow and stern. I dropped the trolling motor to keep me in the wind and after the storm passed I pulled the motor up and jury rigged it to the transom. I pulled the plugs to see how much water was in there and didn't see any. I hit the key and it started right up. :)

We have been on Tim's Ford Lake a lot and it's convenient also.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cancer has to be the ultimate evil. We just found out our neighbor and friend has colon cancer and has been in the hospital for the last few days. He is one of those folks (like me) that doesn't confide any problems to anyone so I'll go tomorrow and be a nag at the hospital. When I last saw him last week I had a feeling he wasn't doing well. He is self employed also so that is a consideration for the family.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is really tough on the neighborhood there and along with the loss just a short time ago, I know it is really tough on yall.....:hugs......it will mean alot knowing he has yall supporting him, even if he doesn't say it.....we are the "show no weakness" and "stiff upper lip" generation, so lack of details is understandable....:oops:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was with my Daddy when he died from bone cancer and with my great aunt when she died of cancer. You are right, cancer is EVIL.

I am deeply sorry that your friend and neighbor has cancer and colon cancer at that. It is a deadly and cruel disease. It is devastating, emotionally, physically and financially. I pray for him and his family.