Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you. This bunch makes it easy for us most of the time and the keepers have made it easy to choose who stays.
I can't wait to get to that point with my flock, wherein I have uniformity in conformation and productiveness, so that I can look across the flock and it's all good to look upon.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We picked up a 20 pound turkey at the store this afternoon that I plan on cooking on the smoker this week after it thaws out.

@Beekissed we have 4 yearlings that are a bit smaller than the adults but this bunch isn't really mature weight wise until almost 1 1/2 years old. We have a fatty though that will be going to Texas as soon as we can figure out a safe travel time since she is pregnant again and was 190 lbs before getting pregnant. Her daughters have all been in excess of 170 pounds but not fat like her. They are meaty and taller than her.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love that fatty! :love

That picture of Teresa with the dogs is a good one. She has that touch with them. It made me smile.

BJ had cataract surgery this morning, he is already seeing so good! We go back tomorrow for a follow up visit, then on December 2, he has the other eye done. He is really happy about this.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
BJ has to be feeling better since this is getting done.

If you don't mind about Ms. Fatty, let's wait and see how Mama carries these lambs. She is so much bigger than she should be that I don't want to send a problem to you so let's see how she carries and we can go from there. Teresa's son's changing plans several times hasn't helped as for our planning but his job is new to him and that goes with the territory so we can adjust. Mama was Ringo's favorite so that is a good place to make it work. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
My favorite time of day is when I go out to water and feed those that get feed. I can walk around out in the paddocks and just take in all there is to be Thankful for especially now that friends are having to make some hard decisions about the affect aging can have on our lives. I love all of our dogs but Maisy and Mel make everything that we have had to do more than worth it. I like to spend a lot of time just watching and evaluating the condition of the sheep and those two wonderful creatures are with me for every step with their heads just under my hands. Maisy has been my girl since the day she arrived at our place but Mel ran in to my heart at full speed and wrapped those big paws around it. I still feel bad that he had to be re-homed but I love that big boy and when I need a smile, I just have to look out the window.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
My favorite time of day is when I go out to water and feed those that get feed. I can walk around out in the paddocks and just take in all there is to be Thankful for especially now that friends are having to make some hard decisions about the affect aging can have on our lives. I love all of our dogs but Maisy and Mel make everything that we have had to do more than worth it. I like to spend a lot of time just watching and evaluating the condition of the sheep and those two wonderful creatures are with me for every step with their heads just under my hands. Maisy has been my girl since the day she arrived at our place but Mel ran in to my heart at full speed and wrapped those big paws around it. I still feel bad that he had to be re-homed but I love that big boy and when I need a smile, I just have to look out the window.
Mike my friend, I am so happy Mel is with you and Teresa....he is a magnificent creature and deserves all that you have to offer him at your farm...... :love

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We just got back from doing our least favorite chore, which is going to the laundromat. We have several runner type rugs that we clean with a pressure washer when it's warm but we take them to the laundry when it's cold out. There is a nice Deli in the same complex so we always grab a bite to eat while they are washing.

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
Wow @Mike CHS, sheep look great. You have a really great program.

Also congrats on over 700 pages in this journal. That is a real testament to your program and willingness to share your knowledge.

runner type rugs
I did have to look up what you meant. Single guy here...:rolleyes: