Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were working outside for most of the morning and saw flock after flock, literally thousands of Canadian Geese fly over our place heading north.

Ours don't seem to migrate. They are here year round, though they do seem to fly over in large vee groups in the spring and fall.
People with docks on the lakes have major goose poo cleanup in the spring.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were going through last years taxes and noticed the income was a lot lower than it should have been. Turns out my Social Security income was not included with the figures so looks like we get to do an amended form for last year when we have our 2019 taxes done. We had not even looked at the tax forms after we picked them up from the accountant.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's going to make a dent in the bank account :(

Turns out that Canada geese have full migrating populations and "local migrating" populations. Local might be a few hundred miles but that explains why we sometimes see them flying north in the winter. I've stopped telling them they are going the wrong direction.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mike, I hope you don't mind if I tell a little Canada goose story...
I have a very wealthy client whose property I maintain. They have a large estate on one of the local lakes. The Mrs. is a very type A personality and an absolute perfectionist. Every fall and spring the geese would congregate on their dock, which is at the bottom of a steep bank, accessed by 65 steps. ( I've counted 🤪) When she would see them from the house window she would grab a broom and go charging down the stairs hollering and waving the broom around to scare the geese off the dock. :lol:
I witnessed it one day and it was beyond hilarious. Those darn geese would slide off the dock into the lake and swim off about 20 feet, she would go back up the stairs and the geese would turn around and get back up on the dock to finish pooping.

I stationed myself to work in one of the beds that had a good view of all the commotion. Oh my lordy she made me laugh!
She really is a reasonable person otherwise. I love you Ellen! 😄

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y'all had a very good day! I love hearing geese flying overhead. There is a resident flock nearby at a large private lake, but they don't fly over this way.

Taxes. :tongue

This new emoji arrangement never seems to work the first time. It just put the not smiling face on "Y'all had a good day!" I deleted it.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were working outside for most of the morning and saw flock after flock, literally thousands of Canadian Geese fly over our place heading north.

It was only early January when the Canadian geese first showed up here. Last year, it was the last of May when they left.

looks like we get to do an amended form for last year

Ouch!

Latest posts