Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
good looking lambs. the new ram seems to be making long leggy babies. and a little color too. woot... its s good thing wild thing is still so wild, if she weren't the house/herding dogs would have to fight her for a spot on your lap.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
good looking lambs. the new ram seems to be making long leggy babies. and a little color too. woot... its s good thing wild thing is still so wild, if she weren't the house/herding dogs would have to fight her for a spot on your lap.

She makes me make sure I have plenty of animal crackers in my pocket when I go out. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
A single ewe lamb arrived a little over an hour ago. This ewe was nervous about me approaching her lamb so I didn't get closer for the picture as I didn't want her to go out in the rain. I think the count now is 8 ewe lambs and 5 ram lambs.

27 ewe lamb 5 Feb 2020.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I separated those that haven't lambed yet into another paddock and then called the girls that had already lambed into the shelter so we could catch up on ear tags. We had another three sets of twins this morning. That is 8 down and 21 more to go. I didn't get but a couple of pictures since both our hands stayed pretty busy with that many lambs needing worked on. So far there are 6 ram lambs and 9 ewe lambs.

27 ewe lamb 6 Feb 2020.JPG
29 twins 6 Feb 2020.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our sheep are pretty hardy and normally don't mind the weather. We rarely get snow but we got enough this morning that they want nothing to do with it. We opened up the stall last night so they could get out of the wind and they are taking up every inch of it. :) I'm not sure how but they all managed to lay down and spend the night there. At least I'll be getting some fertilizer for the garden beds this morning when I clean it up. I was going to open up the chute area but they have cattle panels and some of the smaller lambs could fit through the holes.

Sheep and snow 7 Feb 2020.JPG