Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It seems I have to be reminded that our fences are hot on a regular basis. I was re-configuring some gate connections to portable netting that was tied to a step in post and the galvanized gate by baling string and managed to touch the gate with the contact on the netting and of course this was done just as the gate touched the top of my head.
OUCH

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What's funny is that the folks in the metro area are acting nuts while all those we know in our rural area act like nothing is going on. At least it did seem that way till they shut the schools down yesterday.

Are things that nuts in Texas also?

Oh yes, it's totally crazy in the big cities. Not so bad here, but the shelves are bare. BJ wanted ice dream today so I ran into Walmart, empty cases and shelves, but they had ice cream! Schools are shut down here too.

course this was done just as the gate touched the top of my head.
You fried your brains! LOL LOL

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I moved the sheep into a paddock yesterday that was an inner unit but it didn't have a shelter so I put Maisy and Mel in the adjoining paddock that did have a hoop house since it was forecast rain all day. Neither of them wanted any part of that and went up the line to the closest they could be to the sheep so I let them in and opened up the next paddock that did have a shelter. I wish we had twice the land that we do since I really like the numbers we have in eating the grass coming in. 70 sheep can put away a lot of grass in a short time. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had hoped to get grass seed broadcast today but rain was literally just north of us and I didn't want to get caught with 100 pounds of seed in the hopper if rain started so decided to try again tomorrow. I've been going to work with that German Shepherd pup that we almost brought home a few months ago to get it working at least basic obedience. They are friends so I accepted when asked to train the pup when they asked even though they own a kennel and should know how to. They found the pup a home in Chattanooga that she will drop off when she goes to Virginia to deliver her last 3 Anatolian pups to their buyers. She is going to spend some time with family there since this virus chaos has her business virtually shut down since nobody is traveling thus don't need a place to board their pets. She has 30 kennels/runs and has only had one dog boarded since this started as everyone had canceled. She normally is booked full at this time of year and has had to turn away customers.

I spent quite a bit of time going around the paddocks treating what seemed like dozens of fire ant hills and it never did rain.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier that a home has been found for the lone German Shepherd pup that is left at the kennel. The only problem is that nobody had worked with this pup at all. She had a fit and started raising heck whenever you got near her with a leash. I have been going over a couple of times a day for the last several days and she is now ready for her new home. She has all of the basic commands down, no longer jumps on anyone and is perfect on a lead. We re-considered awhile back about keeping her but our Aussie, (Sassy) made it obvious that it wasn't going to be an easy transition.

They had been calling her Dora since she appeared to be so goofy but that goofiness was the peoples fault and not the pup. She was easier to train than her sister and she was about as easy at it gets.

Dora2.jpg.jpg
Dora.jpg

Latest posts