Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm glad that you could do the training to get her to be suitable for someone to take home. I loved my german shepard and she was as good a dog as they come. But she still was a dog, as all our animals are animals as well as companions and pets.... People just don't want to realize that IN MOST CASES, they are to blame for their pet/companion not doing as they should. Discipline is not being mean to an animal. Just like disciplining a child is not being mean. I am so tired of people who blame the animal for their own shortcomings of teaching it what they want and what is proper and acceptable behavior. She looks like a nice dog. Hope that she does good for the new owners.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought Mel was going to bite me this morning. The ewe that had bottle jaw is not getting any better no matter what we do for/to her. She is getting around slower and even when I take food to her, she will eat some but that's about it. When I went out this morning she was on her side and both dogs were laying close to her and I decided I wasn't doing her a favor leaving her alive. I picked her up and started to carry her toward the gate and Mel started a really low growl but I wasn't sure it was him. I put her down and let him smell around her and he settled down and didn't growl more when I picked her back up.

She seemed to be getting better for awhile and had a low fecal score or we wouldn't have put it off this long.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We finally have a day without rain and none in the forecast for a couple of days so I spent a good part of the day putting Surrender Fire Ant killer on the ants mounds. I pretty much had them gone last fall but they sure came in this spring.

The Corona Virus event is even making some of the rural people skittish. Our friends that own the kennel went out yesterday and bought a freezer to put the beef in that they are buying tomorrow. We are going in halves with them on a hog that they got for $200. I don't know how big it is but we told them if it wasn't very big, to tell the farmer they are buying from that we will take a whole one ourselves.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you managed to get the boat out and gone fishing yet? I have thought about that several times since you mentioned it.

We went out last week during the one day we didn't have rain. The water was muddy and we only caught a few Crappie but it was a nice day :) We hope to go out again after we get the sheep sorted out this week. It's an old boat but the only thing we had to do to it was replace the power pack.