Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Two of the game camera showed a big racoon trying to figure out how to get to the chickens last night so we have the trap outside the fence. Since it is also coming around during the day we are putting a couple of cameras pointing toward the woods to get a heads up hopefully. I'm guessing it has babies somewhere nearby.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the mean old man is keeping the woman down!!!! ;)
No, it just allows everyone.....namely Teresa..... to get out of working so many hours without hurting anyone's feelings, allows her to get back in control of her time and enjoy what she wants to do without having to feel guilty of saying no.... I can relate to not wanting to say no to people then quietly resenting all the time I am putting into the job.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, it just allows everyone.....namely Teresa..... to get out of working so many hours without hurting anyone's feelings, allows her to get back in control of her time and enjoy what she wants to do without having to feel guilty of saying no.... I can relate to not wanting to say no to people then quietly resenting all the time I am putting into the job.

That sums it up well. She had been putting in between 30 & 40 hours a week which left everything on our place to me. In spring and summer, maintaining fence lines and weed control is about a full time job for me and that doesn't count taking care of the animals.

We had a good chat with her this morning and she wants to keep everyone happy and she knows that I don't have a problem saying no so she will happily take the reduction. She has other help available but just likes how Teresa does it.

We have been waiting almost a year for the guy that originally did our shop gutters to come out and give us an estimate on putting up new gutters now that the addition and handling area is done. We got tired of waiting so called another company this morning. He showed up this afternoon to give us the estimate and hopefully will get it done fairly soon.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We started seriously looking for a replacement for our old Tacoma. That one has been good but it is 16 years old and I have put on almost 300K miles on it, The prices for one year old used trucks are probably 20% less than what they were a month ago so it looks like it's time to get a new to us truck.