Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We spent half a day today locating a problem with our hot wires. Our ewe that was a bottle lamb last year has figured out that it didn't hurt too bad when she raised the poly rope and scooted under. I saw her go under once and when I checked the electricity barely registered on tester so we saw why she wasn't afraid of it. We finally found the problem and It's closer 10K volts now so we shall see if she does it anymore.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The weather has been perfect for the last couple of weeks. I don't post a lot of garden pictures later in the season so here are a few for now.

Attachments

• Garden beds1 1 June 2020.JPG
    Garden beds1 1 June 2020.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Garden beds2 1 June 2020.JPG
    Garden beds2 1 June 2020.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Garden beds3 1 June 2020.JPG
    Garden beds3 1 June 2020.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 182

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
"later in the season" :gig
I just barely got my tomatoes in (and dodged a bullet last night, there was frost on the cars this morning!!!) a couple of days ago. The peas and chard are barely into their first true leaves coming out and the beans are JUST curling their stems out of the ground.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Has your ewe tried to get under the poly rope yet?

I'm guessing she tried because today is the first day that I haven't seen her out at least once. She wouldn't go anywhere but I don't want her teaching the others. I've let her out unintentionally before and she goes to the house and waits for someone to come out.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went in to look at pickup trucks but since none of the plants are making new trucks, there was a pretty small supply of what we wanted in slightly used trucks. They did have a new 2019 close out for about the same price range as the used trucks we were looking at and it followed us home. It has all the bells and whistles with several that I have never seen since I have been driving a 16 year old truck. It has the trailer package and is 4WD. I take it back on Wednesday to have bed liner sprayed on and running boards installed since it sits so high.

Ram1 1 June 2020.jpg
Ram3.jpg

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We will be using cruise control a lot in our little speed trap of a town. :) That bit V8 has a whole lot more get up and go than my 6 cylinder Tacoma.
Beautiful rig! I have to watch myself in my SUV! We bought it certified preowned...the warranty is better than if we'd bought it new! We're kind of kicking ourselves for not getting a new truck instead, with all of the changes going on! Enjoy your ride! :)