Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really nice truck!!.... :thumbsup .....it just so happens to be a Ram....go figure...:cool:......ya didn't happen to name it Ringo did ya?.....:)

We didn't name it but being a tight wad for most of my life this is the first new truck that I have had. I have always had a pickup but I have had a total of two of them (slightly used) in the past 25 years if that says anything. :) For the first time, I need to read the owners manual as there is a lot of buttons that I have no idea what they do. There is even an electronic adjustment of the gas and brake pedals that Teresa loves.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll bet the price of a new truck made your heart skip a few beats ;) Given your truck history, this one will likely last as long as you need it to so no sticker shock in the future.

I have had two pickups in the last 27 years. :) We had been looking for awhile we knew what the sticker was going to be plus they chopped enough off the price of the new one to put it in the same range as the 1-2 year old trucks.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BJ's truck is a 2004. Sticker was $43,000, I worked there so got it for $32,000 and Ford ran a no interest sale, so we got that too. I think a new truck would give both of us a fainting spell. LOL

Now that you have a brand new truck, you need to put a glass jar under the seat with the lid off. It must stay there for a full 24 hours. Then slowly open the door, reach under the seat and clap the lid on it. Screw it down tight and put the jar in the glove box.
Why?
Because after you've had it several years and it no longer smells "new" just open the jar and let the new truck smell out!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
God Bless you for buying a new one. Since it made more sense to go new rather than a 1-2 yr old one I can see it..... and since your history of owning a truck is so good; it will last until you just don't need a truck anymore. Plus you will probably put less miles on it than you used to because of not running to and from work and such. I wouldn't know where to start with something that new, and would get very frustrated to not be able to fix things that are simpler on the older ones. I will be putting any "new truck money" into the house I am trying to buy..... since you already have your place, then good for you.